Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Losing mask seal
Losing mask seal
I keep losing seal on my ffm because of drool lol any ideas to help ?
Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Losing mask seal
Lemon-juice right before bed?

No fluids 4-5hrs before bed?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Would one of those mask liners help? Seems I've seen a thread on making your own recently. Hang in there and, maybe, someone will come along with the link to that thread. Wonder if retired-guy is still awake…. he'll know!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, a mask pad should help. Remzzzz is a good one, as is "Pad-a-Cheek." Or you can fashion your own out of an old cotton t-shirt. Use the back side so you won't notice the missing material as much when you wear it. Just trace the mask around it allowing for a little extra material to cover the surface of the seal, but not so much that you would cover the vent holes on the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
Iceracer, I know how you feel, drool is my biggest problem with CPAP, I make my own mask liners and even have the template that I can share and instructions on how to make them if you want.
The template will depend on the mask and size of mask you use, can you update your profile with the brand and model mask you are using.
The one problem I still have is the mask liner gets wet with drool and have a similar problem to the mask getting wet.
It is because we are mouth breathers, which is why we are using FFM and the drool runs out the side of our mouths when we sleep on our sides.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2014, 01:19 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Iceracer, I know how you feel, drool is my biggest problem with CPAP, I make my own mask liners and even have the template that I can share and instructions on how to make them if you want.
The template will depend on the mask and size of mask you use, can you update your profile with the brand and model mask you are using.
The one problem I still have is the mask liner gets wet with drool and have a similar problem to the mask getting wet.
It is because we are mouth breathers, which is why we are using FFM and the drool runs out the side of our mouths when we sleep on our sides.
Awesome nice to know I'm not the only one
I am using the simplus by f&p so if you could send me instructions that would be awesome pm me
Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You might also play with turning your humidification down a little as long as it not detrimental in any other way.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Iceracer, I bought some Remzzz’s mask liners a 6 pack and although they say to only use them once you can wash them and get about 5-6 uses. I then made a template of what I needed from their liners and went to a fabric shop and got 3 ft of 50% cotton / 50% poly fabric and cut out my own and they also last 5-6 uses, the next time I bought 3 ft of 50% cotton / 50% lycra fabric. That last me about 3 months and costs about ten dollars. No need to do any sewing.

The template I have made is for the Resmed Quattro Air, happy to PM it to you but you maybe better to create your own seeing it's a different mask.

Hope that helps
Post Reply Post Reply
I made my own liners from a t-shirt that I bought at the goodwill store; I wash them in a mesh wash bag in the washing machine, lay them out flat to dry, then iron them to help them retain their shape. I use them just one night before putting them in the mesh bag, and I think they last longer... I have not made any new ones for a couple of months now. If you google "DIY cpap mask liner" there is a pattern that will work with many FF masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using Wet Ones to clean the mask sealing surface and then my face. That sticks on pretty well even at 20cm pressure.

Your mileage may vary.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 334 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 991 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  0/20 mask seal scores... please help! 1978 7 1,980 05-21-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] AirSense 10 Water Chamber INLET Seal lcfield 5 2,229 03-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: lcfield
  Experience about the the Evora FFM seal ? Albatros 3 816 03-04-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: nmwhitneyjr
  Trouble Getting Good Mask Seal Pole 5 867 03-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.