Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERAs and Flow Limitation
RERAs and Flow Limitation
Hi all,

OK, did all the reading I could do and tested different settings. AHI are under 1 consistently but I still think I could feel more rested. At this point, I need more guidance than trial and error.

In November, my home sleep study indicated an AHI of 23 and the titration study led to pressures from 4 to 10. For the last month or so, I have changed the pressures to 5 and 12.

So... I think I need help to get the RERA and Flow limitation under control but I might be wrong and pass on something much more fundamental then that. I have included some charts that seem pretty standard of most of my nights.

Any specific insight that could steer me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERAs and Flow Limitation
These charts indicate that you are seriously doing very well. You are in a range that the focus should be on how you feel, on your symptoms, not your numbers.

You mention wanting to address flow limits, and RERAs. These, along with hypopneas and snores are best treated with pressure support, the difference between exhale and inhale pressure.  A BiLevel machine is best followed by the ResMed AirSense 10 machines, such as the AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bonjour,

Having read many of your answers in other posts, I definitely appreciate your comments and advice, so many thanks to you.

I sort of guessed that some other machine could better address the RERAs and Flow Limitation. At this point, it is does not seem feasible for me to get a new machine since I got mine a few months ago. Commun complaint I guess.

Is there a way to optimize the pressure support with the machine I have ? I am unsure of the equivalent for EPR on dreamstations, but my guess would be the Flex control ? I tried it on 3, than 2, than 1. RERAs and Flow Limitation # seem to curve down slightly with 1 but it could also be my mind playing games...

As for how I feel and my symptoms, this is precisely what I want to address as I think I could be feeling more energized. I am dragging myself during some part of the day and attribute this to RERAs and Flow Limitation, but I could be wrong. I also have some lingering headaches for which I am trying to pinpoint a pattern when analyzing the Oscar data.

Anyway, thanks again for your time and knowledge, I am very grateful for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only tool at your disposal is pressure. You can try raising pressure .5 at a time, but do realize that you are entering an area where you should not really be chasing numbers. A little bit on the RERA, but that is it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 225 1 hour ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 236 11 hours ago
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 4 183 Yesterday, 05:15 PM
Last Post: earnerd
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 166 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 13 646 04-14-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,650 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 227 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.