Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Losing the will to fight
RE: Losing the will to fight
Your AHI was very good and the CA are not at harmful levels. I just want to reassure you again, things are currently working well. Time will heal the sleep deficit, but if it persists a complete workup including testosterone is not out of the question...DAMHIK.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sonicboom, thank you for mentioning sleep hygiene. I actually did quite a lot of research on that a few months ago but ended up focusing on everything to do with sleep apnea and PAP machines. I was going to implement some sleep hygiene advice but got tunnel vision with my PAP treatment and focused solely on that. I'll dig up the notes I made and start following them.

Thanks for the reassurance sleeprider, I'm feeling pretty positive at the moment.

Last night had a minor hiccup, I had a problem with leaks that no amount of adjusting would fix so I took the mask off at about 5am and slept an extra hour and a half without it before getting up. I think the headstrap has become loose which is odd as I've only used it for a little under 2 weeks. I'll wash it some time next week which should help it regain it's original shape. I've also got some headgear clips that came with the mask so I may try them out.

Still woke up quite a lot but had another 2 hour uninterrupted period of sleep so there are definitely some positive early signs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I was right about the loose headstraps causing the leaks. I used the clips provided with the mask and had a great seal last night. Still woke up a lot but overall slept a good amount of time.

Post Reply Post Reply
That looks fantastic! Good way to get on to the weekend.

Keep it up!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the kind words JesseLee.

I haven't posted saturday nights results as I only wore the mask for an hour and a half. I was then rudely awakened by severe stomach ache. It wasn't aerophagia, I unfortunately had gotten food poisoning. I spent the next few hours in the toilet. When I came back into the bedroom I was so tired I forgot to put my mask back on.

After that dissapointing night things have gotten back on track. I had the mask on all of last night. Had a 2 hour 10 minute spell of uninterrupted sleep which is encouraging. A bit of a leak issue emerged, the clips I'm using with the headgear seemed to have moved on their own after I adjusted them perfectly so I had to tweak them again in bed but it soon sorted the problem out so no worries.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good!  Wish I could get my leak rate so good!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks ShaunBlake. I think I'm lucky that I only need a low amount of pressure, if the pressure was higher I think I might struggle with leaks quite a bit more.

I had a physically exhausting day yesterday but slept pretty well. Still keeping below 2 AHI and my leak rate is staying nice and low. Hopefully I begin to feel better soon.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've got no advice for you sir Smile

There are many people that would love to get the results you are now getting!

How do you feel? Symptoms I mean specifically.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
JesseLee: I do feel a little better but not much. I've only had 2 weeks worth of full nights treatment so I guess it's early days but there are a few promising signs. I wake up a little less groggy and have a little more energy throughout the day.

I washed the headgear straps and they seem to have gone back to their original length. As a result I haven't had to use the clips the past two days and my leak rate has been excellent.

The last two nights I've had excellent AHI scores which is great, hopefully I can maintain an AHI below 1.

Post Reply Post Reply
Personxyz,

It takes time to "heal" from years of unrest. You are getting your time in on the machine for sure.

Your leak rate is good so your charts appear accurate. Your CA is spread out and is not concerning.

Keeping your AHI below 1 is a reasonable goal, but inevitably you will get a higher number. So long as you don't keep getting higher numbers, especially over 5, a random few 2s, 3s are okay. Watching long term trends in your AHI is important.

Commonly referred to chasing numbers, many times members will aim at getting as low as possible, but in the long run, how you feel is most important.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Do I have to readjust CPAP settings after losing weight? hshamci 11 1,432 01-06-2023, 04:54 AM
Last Post: multicast
  transcend travel losing pressure? netg 1 478 06-13-2022, 03:07 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Do I have to readjust pressure settings after losing weight? AntKo 5 1,688 06-03-2022, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Losing weight and needing less pressure... but aerophagia is worse? legrunt 4 1,047 11-27-2021, 07:59 PM
Last Post: legrunt
  Losing hope feeling worse on CPAP than without. Any advice? AFAFAF 43 3,505 11-24-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  I'm losing it! Please help - switching from APAP to BPAP. Need settings. IUsedToSnore 5 931 09-25-2020, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  dreamstation losing pressure intermittently odoyle 11 2,785 01-30-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: odoyle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.