Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lost It
Lost It
Just recently, I found a thread that gave exact instructions in making the ResMed 10 machine post the AHI number on the user menu, without having to go into the clinical side each time to read them.... Well due to my foggy and well abused brain cells, I can't seem to relocate that thread....

So could someone please direct me to the thread, or reprint the instructions?

Thanks Much,  FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lost It
I'm not sure what thread you were reading, but you just have to make this change in the Clinicians Menu one time*, then you will be able to see the AHI and others readings in the regular user menu.

Go into the Clinicians menu...
Scroll down until you see Options...
Now click on Essentials...
set to Plus.

*NOTE:  If the machine gets turned off or if you lose power, you may have to go back to the Clinicians menu and reset Essentials to Plus.

More detailed instruction here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks So much Miss Opal! Got it reset... Had been successful once, problem was in the fact that she had it plugged into a strip, and totally turned off power after use. Won't be doing that anymore, but I have an extra APC unit that I'll use to plug it into, and that will protect it from any of our many power spikes we get down here, as well as keeping it running on battery should the power go totally off when we are sleeping.

Very Best Wishes, FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed machine will retain settings when fully disconnected from power. Something else happened.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirCurve reverts to some default settings if power is lost. Not pressure, but some of the other settings.

FLc,
Have a great day!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2021, 07:26 AM)FLcracker Wrote:  Won't be doing that anymore, but I have an extra APC unit that I'll use to plug it into, and that will protect it from any of our many power spikes we get down here, as well as keeping it running on battery should the power go totally off when we are sleeping.

Just keep in mind that you won't get much run time out of a typical UPS. Turning the humidifier off when using the UPS will help with this problem.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2021, 07:26 AM)FLcracker Wrote: I have an extra APC unit that I'll use to plug it into, and that will protect it from any of our many power spikes we get down here, as well as keeping it running on battery should the power go totally off when we are sleeping.

Ok, where did you find an APC without an alarm?

(I'm sure I told this story before... In a previous job, we had a generator that powered the whole building. If you have a generator you need to test it, so every Tuesday at 10am we would fire up the generator, kick over to it, run for an hour, then kick back to utility power. Most computers will crash during the 3-5 second cutovers, so we had 5-6 dozen battery backups all over our office space, which was one big open room. The batteries were a motley collection, usually bought from whatever was on sale at the office supply store, Walmart, etc, so there were many different alarm sounds, at slightly different timings and pitches. What would happen is that the batteries would all blast, everyone would jump out of their skins, then an hour later -- just long enough that we had all forgotten it was coming -- the would blast again and we'd all jump out of our skins again!)

If you live in a place where the power is noisy and sags or momentarily drops all the time, a regular computer UPS/battery is perfectly capable of keeping your cpap running for the 5-20 seconds at a time that it needs to. But I have never been able to find a regular computer UPS that has an alarm that you can turn off. (Perfect would be an alarm that doesn't sound until the battery is just about going to be exhausted. So no alarms if the power just bounces a bit, but an alarm when it's time to wake up and figure out what to do without power.)
Post Reply Post Reply
The way I read your post, you plan on plugging the power strip into the UPS. If you do, make sure the power strip is NOT the surge protection type of strip. Basically, the two surge suppressors are wired in series. During a power flicker, the UPS and surge suppressor strip will sense a power change, causing each one to respond to the change, but in within several milliseconds apart. This action sets up a resonance in the power line that will eventually burn out the power strip's protection circuit. Plugging a surge protector into another would seem like added insurance, but I learned it isn't.

The above is based on the normal UPS systems that are the most common and least expensive. These models use a square power wave. This may not be the case if you are using a more expensive full sine wave UPS.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Lottsa info on UPS (not APS) units....much appreciated.

We have what I truly believe may be the worst power company in the nation, almost every month we get drop-outs that last a few seconds, off (one thousand, two thousand) on. during storms, we will lose it sometimes for hours. Storms happen frequently in SW FL.

When Mizz C was still working for a corporation in Tampa that was a mover of all kinds of hydraulics and electrical equipment, she had access to their UPS units. If they stopped working they just threw 'em away. She started bringing them home to me, and almost all the time the only thing wrong with them a was a worn out battery. I'd order new batteries online, and they would work just fine. I have all of our home entertainment equipment running through one, and all of the WiFi stuff and this laptop PC are protected with one. They work well when these spikes happen.

So by the end of today, there'll be one powering her CPAP....

Still a little confused as to what happens when the power is totally off to the unit... I assumed that data entered would stay as entered, some will, some won't?? We did not shut the unit off completely yesterday, we find that it will shut itself off, and go into a sort of stand-by mode if we just take off the headgear, and walk away. I have the auto start set to 'on'.

For sure she's pulling great numbers (all 1's, one 2 so far) and she is very happy with it, so it's a keeper! And in due time, I'm sure that what I learn on this fantastic forum, will put everything in proper prospective. Thanks to all that are so willing to help.

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 271 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
Question Newbie and using OSCAR - SUPER LOST and looking for advice DaveHirschler 26 2,080 08-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  At a lost Sabee 6 675 03-23-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Sabee
Gross [CPAP] Lost and Confused. Mycpapaccount 1 518 03-16-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost my data? [Resvent iBreeze auto] Catherine416 6 4,206 01-25-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Catherine416

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.