Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lost SD card data
Lost SD card data
My inquiry has to do with data stored and lost on my SD card but not OSCAR.

I have been using CPAP and BiPAP machines as prescribed by various sleep doctors for the past 13 years. I am currently using a ResMed AirCurve 10 ST BiPAP and it seems to be serving me well - finally.  My history of machine uses from the most recent ST to my first ResMed S9 Adapt ASV BiPAP is shown below.
      Device                        Mode
     AirCurve 10 ST             BiPAP ST
     AirCurve 10 VAuto        BiPAP-S
     AirCurve 10 ASV           ASV
     AirCurve 10 VAuto        VPAPauto
     AirCurve 10 ASV           ASVAuto
     AirCurve 10 ASV           CPAP
     AirSense 10 AutoSet     CPAP
     S9 Adapt ASV              ASV

During some machine transitions I have lost my OSCAR SD card data from 2009 to 2019.  Recently, with the transition to my current AirCurve 10 ST I found that my SD card with historic data had been formatted when I placed it in the new machine.  Only the recent few days of data is present on the SD card in the following folders/files:
     DATALOG  - folder
     SETTINGS - folder
     Identification.crc  - file
     Identification.tgt  - file
     STR  - HTML file(?)

When I open my OSCAR v1.4.0 software I can see my histories from 2019 to 2022.  Is there a safe way for me to copy/recover all of the available OSCAR data from my computer back onto my SD card that recently got formatted?  I want to share all of my available OSCAR SD card information with my physician.

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

Calvin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lost SD card data
(06-26-2022, 10:43 AM)hoppercm Wrote: Is there a safe way for me to copy/recover all of the available OSCAR data from my computer back onto my SD card that recently got formatted?  I want to share all of my available OSCAR SD card information with my physician.

Short answer: No, you cannot rebuild the contents of the SD card from OSCAR data. While OSCAR keeps a backup of data from the SD card, it backs up only the files with data it needs and not other files which ResMed software might need.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to Guy's response, I'd like to emphasise that a ResMed SD card can only hold data from a single CPAP machine, you would need a whole stack of SD cards to hold the data from each of the machines you have used.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, as I recall, Resmeds are pretty aggressive about purging old data on the SD card, so even your old SD cards are probably less complete than OSCAR.

Just bring a laptop with OSCAR to your appointment, that’s what I’ve done, along with some printed reports that I thought my doctor would want to see.

In fact, the laptop was a backup in case there was something he wanted to see that I hadn’t printed. That’s also why I did some work making OSCAR’s black & white output more legible when printed. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 272 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 248 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR lost my profiles! jtardo 13 324 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jtardo
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 334 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,689 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 553 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 846 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.