Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uploading data from SD Card - That has DS1 and DS2 on it?
Uploading data from SD Card - That has DS1 and DS2 on it?
I am a new member and the information on this forum is so wonderful!  I had a Dreamstation 1 and finally received my replacement DS2 advanced Auto CPAP. My therapy is working well with the new DS2 machine. 

When I received the DS2 it didn’t come with an SD card, so I inserted my old DS1 SD card to use into my new machine.
I have old data from the DS1 and some new data from the DS2 on the old SD card. I did order a new SD card and switched over to this new one.

Once the OSCAR 1.4 was out, I was able to download my data from the new SD card as well as my Wellue O2 ring data. It worked perfectly!

Question I have; is it possible to now insert the old SD card that has my DS1 data and some of the DS2 data in OSCAR? Or will this ruin what I have? 
Was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue with DS and it worked? It would be nice to see old data.

Thanks so much for any help with my question.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Uploading data from SD Card - That has DS1 and DS2 on it?
I still had my original DS1 card and I had bought a new card for the new DS2 to use. I think what you may need to do is create a profile in OSCAR for each machine as I don't think you can have two machines under one profile because of the different serial numbers(someone may correct if I'm wrong on this). Hopefully the DS2 data didn't overwrite your old DS1 data and it can be read into OSCAR.

Below is screenshot of what I did.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
So long as you stay within brands, your chances are pretty good at having different models in your profile without experiencing problems. The problem is when you switch manufacturers. Each brand can have different ways of reporting the same data characteristic and its data range. Yet other parameters are not reported at all, or the opposite and report additional parameters. For reasons like this, it is safer to create a new profile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2022, 10:50 AM)Ptae4 Wrote: Question I have; is it possible to now insert the old SD card that has my DS1 data and some of the DS2 data in OSCAR? Or will this ruin what I have? 

It certainly won’t ruin your data either way, but you’ll actually be best off if you start a new profile and insert your old card first, then your new card.

The reason is that OSCAR skips previously imported sessions, and the newer card will have only summary data for older sessions, so that the full data for those older sessions on the earlier card would be skipped if OSCAR considers those sessions to be already imported.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stratcat48:

Thanks for your advice on trying to get my old DS1 data. I will set up a profile for the old DS1 and see if that works. Yeah, hopefully I didn't overwrite on the SD card. 

Crimson Nape:

Being that both machines are the same brand, it might work. I will give it a try.

Sawinglogs:

Great tip to start a new profile and insert the old card first!

Thanks again for such quick answers!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It worked!  I created a new profile in OSCAR.   Then I downloaded the old DS1 data from my SD card in OSCAR in the new profile. 

I could see the data from DS1 and the couple of weeks of the data from DS2 that was on the old SD card.

Last step, I loaded the data from the new SD card (DS2) in the new profile. Everything seems to be working.

Thanks again for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! I have all my Philips data over the years in a single profile, so that’s well-tested. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 642 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 493 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 802 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.