Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems to be too much pressure at over in the night
Sad 
seems to be too much pressure at over in the night
When i sleep over in the night the pressure gets so strong the mask almost lifts off my face almost like floating. Little sleep when this happens to busy moving mask back into place need help please.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: seems to be too much pressure at over in the night
Hi professor53,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might consider lowering your maximum pressure to 15 instead of 20 but hang in there for other ideas on this as 2 or more heads are better than 1.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi trish6hundred,
Thanks for the advice.
Trying to do this the best i can but i am getting beat up right now maybe a good 2 hours sleep before it starts to blow my head off.

professor53

Post Reply Post Reply
Professor, if you can share a little more information, board members may be able to offer some advice. When you wrote "sleep over in the night," were you indicating when you roll over in your sleep? If so, roll from which position to which new position? Specifically, what ResMed "auto" machine do you have? If your machine is what's called an APAP auto and it's blowing so hard that your mask is almost floating, it might indicate that there is a problem with the machine itself. If you can get a fairly good seal of your mask, an APAP should not be blowing your mask off your face. Instead, it should be adjusting pressure within the 10-20 range to which you have it set. If you were describing rolling over from your back onto your side or onto your stomach in your sleep, this can damage the mask seal on your face creating a large leak. When that happens, the machine may respond by increasing the pressure (blowing harder).

David
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Had Pressure Pules last night: Phaleronic 1 330 12-04-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  [CPAP] Pressure sore, bad night with cpap CorgiGiraffe 5 857 06-22-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.