Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lost knob for Resmed S9
I lost the knob for my Resmed S9, Resmed says I have to go to my provider; big hassle. Any other ideas where I might get one?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Give suppliers # 27 and 28 a call, they might be able to assist
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mvbii,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and good luck finding a knob for your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Where's that photo of a disassembled S9? I think that knob has a 6mm shaft. I don't recall if the shaft is round or D shaped.
(I think it's D shaped with a push on knob)
You can likely make a potentiometer, 6mm knob work. I'd look for one with a set screw.

Since the knob is dual function -- both turn and press, the depth of attachment is critical. That's where a set screw might let you fix the position on the shaft.
Look for them online as 6mm potentiometer knobs -- or, if you have a friend who has been into electronics for a long while, likely they would have a knob that could be made to work.

BTW -- how did you lose it?Eat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might check with some of the suppliers in the supplier's list. #18 has been responsive to e-mails in the past, although it wasn't a "repair" part like the a knob.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2014, 10:09 AM)justMongo Wrote: Where's that photo of a disassembled S9? I think that knob has a 6mm shaft. I don't recall if the shaft is round or D shaped.
(I think it's D shaped with a push on knob)
You can likely make a potentiometer, 6mm knob work. I'd look for one with a set screw.

Since the knob is dual function -- both turn and press, the depth of attachment is critical. That's where a set screw might let you fix the position on the shaft.
Look for them online as 6mm potentiometer knobs -- or, if you have a friend who has been into electronics for a long while, likely they would have a knob that could be made to work.

BTW -- how did you lose it?Eat-popcorn

it's splined no set screw, just press on. I'd have to find my caliper to get a measurement... and it seems to have buggered off.
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-07-2014, 06:42 PM)mvbii Wrote: I lost the knob for my Resmed S9, Resmed says I have to go to my provider; big hassle. Any other ideas where I might get one?

Try a surplus electronics store, if you can find one in your area. There are a couple of them in my city. They have bins full of all kinds of knobs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2014, 01:42 PM)diamaunt Wrote: it's splined no set screw, just press on. I'd have to find my caliper to get a measurement... and it seems to have buggered off.

Plenty of 6mm splined knobs at that online company run by Bezos.
6mm (approx 0.25 inches is a very common shaft size.)
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll try one from Bezos!
Post Reply Post Reply

A post elsewhere makes me think Supplier #17 may also be good for repair parts.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've tried everything, completely lost lostie42 12 660 04-19-2017, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Air Sense 10 cell phone connection lost dzwiss 6 299 02-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Last Post: dzwiss
  Lost SD card Rip and Rosie 5 839 04-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  New to CPAP and feel lost! txparamedic 12 1,488 02-17-2016, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Lost in translation oregongirl 5 680 02-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Detailed data not recorded or lost? Mosquitobait 11 2,242 07-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Julius
  Lost weight - CPAP limbo Zzzmeg 6 1,881 04-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Last Post: truetopath