Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lost knob for Resmed S9
Lost knob for Resmed S9
I lost the knob for my Resmed S9, Resmed says I have to go to my provider; big hassle. Any other ideas where I might get one?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lost knob for Resmed S9
Give suppliers # 27 and 28 a call, they might be able to assist
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mvbii,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and good luck finding a knob for your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Where's that photo of a disassembled S9? I think that knob has a 6mm shaft. I don't recall if the shaft is round or D shaped.
(I think it's D shaped with a push on knob)
You can likely make a potentiometer, 6mm knob work. I'd look for one with a set screw.

Since the knob is dual function -- both turn and press, the depth of attachment is critical. That's where a set screw might let you fix the position on the shaft.
Look for them online as 6mm potentiometer knobs -- or, if you have a friend who has been into electronics for a long while, likely they would have a knob that could be made to work.

BTW -- how did you lose it?Eat-popcorn
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You might check with some of the suppliers in the supplier's list. #18 has been responsive to e-mails in the past, although it wasn't a "repair" part like the a knob.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2014, 10:09 AM)justMongo Wrote: Where's that photo of a disassembled S9? I think that knob has a 6mm shaft. I don't recall if the shaft is round or D shaped.
(I think it's D shaped with a push on knob)
You can likely make a potentiometer, 6mm knob work. I'd look for one with a set screw.

Since the knob is dual function -- both turn and press, the depth of attachment is critical. That's where a set screw might let you fix the position on the shaft.
Look for them online as 6mm potentiometer knobs -- or, if you have a friend who has been into electronics for a long while, likely they would have a knob that could be made to work.

BTW -- how did you lose it?Eat-popcorn

it's splined no set screw, just press on. I'd have to find my caliper to get a measurement... and it seems to have buggered off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2014, 06:42 PM)mvbii Wrote: I lost the knob for my Resmed S9, Resmed says I have to go to my provider; big hassle. Any other ideas where I might get one?

Try a surplus electronics store, if you can find one in your area. There are a couple of them in my city. They have bins full of all kinds of knobs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2014, 01:42 PM)diamaunt Wrote: it's splined no set screw, just press on. I'd have to find my caliper to get a measurement... and it seems to have buggered off.

Plenty of 6mm splined knobs at that online company run by Bezos.
6mm (approx 0.25 inches is a very common shaft size.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll try one from Bezos!
Post Reply Post Reply
A post elsewhere makes me think Supplier #17 may also be good for repair parts.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 275 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
Question Newbie and using OSCAR - SUPER LOST and looking for advice DaveHirschler 26 2,083 08-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  At a lost Sabee 6 676 03-23-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Sabee
Gross [CPAP] Lost and Confused. Mycpapaccount 1 519 03-16-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost my data? [Resvent iBreeze auto] Catherine416 6 4,208 01-25-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Catherine416

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.