Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lost therapy time
Lost therapy time
This morning I woke up and found my AHI was a pretty good .60. However, I felt like I had didn't get any sleep at all. I looked at the sleepyhead chart and everything appeared fine until I looked at the welcome screen and it said that I had slept for a total of 7 hrs. and 18 minutes. I knew that couldn't be correct since I went to bed at 11 pm and didn't wake up till about 7:30am. So, I looked at the Events area and saw they had a session start and session stop times (which I never looked at before) and saw that I had a period of over an hour where nothing was registered. I then went back in my history and found I had similar occurrences- times where I had obviously not been in therapy.

So, this brings me to my question- I never sleep straight thru the night- I will usually get up 1 to 2 times per night to go to the bathroom. When I do this I turn off the airflow and then re-start when I get back in bed- I am wondering if, because of these occurrences, should I just leave the air on vs. shutting it down and restarting? I apparently fall back to sleep very quickly and I guess sometimes when I think I have pushed the button to restart it is, in fact, not really getting back in operation. I know this probably sounds pretty basic but, given my situation, is there any downside to me leaving the air on while not being connected? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lost therapy time
Check you settings in the #SleepyHead sessions setup.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...s_settings

Leaving the machine running may show up as a large leak.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lost therapy time
I have a different machine, but I’ve more or less explored this very question.

If you leave the machine going with mask detached or off, you will register a large leak.

If this goes on long enough, the machine will automatically shut down. That’s what happens when you accidentally throw off your mask in the night.

You run the risk of distorting the AHI if your breaks get incorporated into sleep time.

The automatic start up feature may also have an effect on machine calculations.

One way to maximize accuracy is to shut the machine off when you take your break and on when you return.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,082 5 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 227 7 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 379 8 hours ago
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 97 8 hours ago
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 74 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,363 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 183 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.