Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lot of RERA; waking during night
RE: Lot of RERA; waking during night
I would like to fine-tune my results. I've been waking several times (2-4) during the night and having several clear airways. My AHI is "reasonably good" says SleepyHead (usually 1.5-2.3), but I'm not waking up as refreshed as usual and getting a little sleepy (still WAY WAY better than before APAP). Obstructives and hypopneas are just about gone.

Questions: Is this number of clear airways reasonable? Is there a way to stay asleep all night?

I really appreciate all the advice; again, this is the only place I can get help, which has resulted in major improvements.

Here is one night with closeups, and then a second night where I clicked the machine off and on every time I woke up to see if I could find what happened.

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe if you would dial down the EPR setting from 3 to 1, might help with the Clear Airways.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your result remain very good, and the CA is within acceptable range. I am tempted to reduce the pressure range first, as OA s controlled and CA seems to occur following pressure increases. If this was VPAP, I might try reducing EPR in 0.2 cm increments, but I think dropping EPR to 2 is going to open the door to more flow limits or RERA. I think you can tolerate another pressure decrease, and less maximum pressure. If I'm wrong, we can easily go back. If you're game, let's try a small range of pressure from 9-11 and leave EPR at 3 for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 108 4 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 182 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 290 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 260 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.