Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One night without CPAP and I feel like c*ap
RE: One night without CPAP and I feel like c*ap
eviltim, those moments are disconcerting. I can pass my experience off as possibly my mask inched itself off my head as I changed positions in my sleep. Although there is one little piece of that theory that is kind of hard to figure. I usually pull the pillows out and over to clear my nose before lifting the mask off my head by the strap. So I don't know how it could come completely off without my hands actually going through the routine of pulling the pillows out and away from my nose. Your experience is even more puzzling with the chin strap over top of your mask. Like you removed the chin strap then the mask, then put the chin strap back on all in your sleep. Would be interesting to have a camera set up to see exactly what does happen in the night. I haven't had anymore problems with it happening. A couple of recent nights I have had some insomnia problems so I take the mask off while awake for a few minutes, regroup and put it back on. If I am wide awake with insomnia, I think about the little things that annoy me and get frustrated. It can be a vicious cycle sometimes.

I still take a mild sleep medication. I would like to wean myself off it before my refills are gone. There have been a couple times I have gotten in bed, masked up and then remember I didn't take the medication. Because I don't really want to get back up again I have tried to go to sleep without it and haven't been able to. One night last week I had the worse night of sleep since I began therapy. I never got beyond that lightly dozing stage of sleep. It was a rough day the next day and I dreaded the 6 am alarm clock. I didn't understand it. I remember deliberately going to take my sleep med an hour before bedtime. But I also set up the coffee maker for the next morning. I think it is possible that I got side-tracked with the coffee maker and never did take the sleep medication. I can't be sure but it seems logical to me after seeing the next night there seemed to be the same amount of pills I remember being at the bottom of my bottle as had been there when I last took pills. I was using up the last few before opening a new bottle. I haven't had that bad of a night since I began the medication a week into therapy. Once I get to sleep with the CPAP, I don't usually wake up at all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 65 29 minutes ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 106 Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 192 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 250 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 278 04-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 524 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 152 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.