Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter
Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter
Hi,

I used to have an Innovo 50F Plus and need a new overnight oximeter. I tried using the Vibeat Oxying and was disappointed by how shoddy the product is for the money. The app randomly disconnects for me, so it's basically a paperweight. A good oximeter would have onboard storage and wouldn't need to be constantly paired to an app to work properly. The lack of USB Type-C and poor reviews for the ViHealth app are also disappointing.

From what I've seen, the Contec products (CMS50F, CMS50I, etc.) are all pretty similar to the discontinued Innovo 50F Plus but are older/worse since they don't have USB Type-C. The 50F Plus's lack of a vibration option for the alarm was annoying because I had to worry about waking my partner. Contec products also seem to have spotty reviews on Amazon.

Are there any good alternatives to these brands that have the features I want (constant app/Bluetooth connection not required for it to work and USB Type-C)? The latter isn't a dealbreaker, but the former is. I also want something comfortable (e.g., a ring or duckbill probe rather than the traditional oximeter finger clamp). I looked through the product review forums for a bit but didn't find anything.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter
Hi Giantmushroom! - Welcome

I've been using my Wellue SleepU for almost 3 years now without a problem. However, if you are wanting alternatives, you can always go the Resmed oximeter module route. This allows the oximetry data to be incorporated with all your detailed sleep data on the SD card. It's a little pricey but a nice addition.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter
(10-22-2023, 02:51 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi Giantmushroom!  -  Welcome

I've been using my Wellue SleepU for almost 3 years now without a problem.  However, if you are wanting alternatives,  you can always go the Resmed oximeter module route.  This allows the oximetry data to be incorporated with all your detailed sleep data on the SD card.  It's a little pricey but a nice addition.

- Red

Thank you for the suggestion.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I only need an oximeter for when I'm not using my BiPap machine. I know it's bad to skip using the machine, but there are times when I can't fall back asleep after waking up while using BiPap (the air makes me feel extra awake/wired;  I'm not sure if that's a common issue or not.) Depending on how congested I am, I can usually sleep safely for a few more hours after that (albeit not optimally). Hopefully, I can eventually figure out a way to sleep with the machine all night. An alarm feature on the oximeter is also a must because of this situation.

After some more digging, I see that the EMAY SleepO2 Pro meets most of my criteria, but also has mixed reviews on Amazon (and none on here, as far as I can tell).

I'm not sure if the issue with the ring is that it's coming off at night (and turning off/disconnecting as a result) or if it's the app itself that's disconnecting. The ring is a bit large/loose for my fingers, so maybe I can try taping it or something.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,487 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,054 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 112 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,519 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 137 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 184 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 251 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.