Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
RE: Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
Well. Finally some good results (i think).

I went away with all your advice and have been trying various FFM brands and sizes along with SCC and chin strap combos. Nothing was working. I was still leaking and being disrupted many times a night. So last Friday i took back the final model of FFM and was ready to give up. 

I didn't. I decided to give my old nasal mask another go which fits well and is comfy, but i couldn't contain the mouth leaks originally for it to be much use. But i decided to try it with mouth tape. When i first used the tape it freaked me out - but since experimenting with so many FFM, having my mouth covered is not an issue anymore, it's actually quite comfy! This approach seemed to be working - but the tape wasn't sticking very well as i have a beard. So for the past couple of nights i have extended the tape another2 inches or so either side of my mouth so i adheres to the skin of my cheeks and it works great! I have low leaks, low AHI and my variable breathing has gotten pretty low. Still only a few nights in with this new approach. But i was hoping you could cast an eye over last nights OSCAR readout and see if anything could be tweaked.

TIA!

[attachment=32053]
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks fantastic! If it becomes a pattern or trend, you have found a good solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2021, 09:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That looks fantastic! If it becomes a pattern or trend, you have found a good solution.

Ok rad! I thought so. Are those random snores anything to be worried about?

Really appreciate all the help gang. Been a rough year.
Post Reply Post Reply
If they stay at a low level, I'd not be concerned.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2021, 10:38 PM)Captain Howdy Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 09:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That looks fantastic! If it becomes a pattern or trend, you have found a good solution.

Ok rad! I thought so. Are those random snores anything to be worried about?

Really appreciate all the help gang. Been a rough year.

VS2’s are nothing to worry about
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems to be working! Not jumping out of bed yet. But feeling a lot more rested. Upon waking i feel genuinely sleepy - but a nicer day dreamy puffy eyed, comfy sleepy feel. No headaches. No sore eyes. And funnily enough, having my mouth taped, i don't suffer with horrendous death breath. 

Latest OSCAR.  

[attachment=32216]
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds positive. Keep at it. A .51 AHI and feeling a bit better for it, seems to be headed right.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update - was hoping to have someone cast a quick eye over the OSCAR. Still not jumping out of bed - no headaches or eye ball aches or any of that typical stuff. I think i'm getting used to sleeping more. Still not a ball of energy or conquering Everest just yet. 

Just a couple of things cropping up now and again. I zoomed in on a couple - i beleive zoom 2 could be a slight mask slip as i seemed to correct it pretty quick. Is there any improvements i could be making to iron out the creases? 

[attachment=32612]

[attachment=32613]

[attachment=32614]

Thanks as always
CH
Post Reply Post Reply
The lack of any expiratory flow in screenshot 3 is an oral exhale with nasal inhale. Nothing unusual, but pointing it out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2021, 07:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The lack of any expiratory flow in screenshot 3 is an oral exhale with nasal inhale. Nothing unusual, but pointing it out.

I just remember having major issues with my FFM not fitting and as a result those exhales were leaking enough to be a problem without showing on the major leak. 

But really I'm asking how I'm tracking?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 398 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 525 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 379 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.