Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
RE: Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
Virtual beer it is, cheers!

As far as tape, obviously this would be a personal choice on how sticky it is when peeling off.  I use BSN Cover roll tape.  Not sure what it would be called in Oz, maybe Leukoplast(?).

When taping across I usually have two fingers width of tape on each side of the crease of my lips.  That seems to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2021, 10:03 AM)nightgagger Wrote: Virtual beer it is, cheers!

As far as tape, obviously this would be a personal choice on how sticky it is when peeling off.  I use BSN Cover roll tape.  Not sure what it would be called in Oz, maybe Leukoplast(?).

When taping across I usually have two fingers width of tape on each side of the crease of my lips.  That seems to help.

Last night seemed good regarding mouth leak and drooling. Turned off humidifier and tube completely. It was still 30 degrees when I went to bed at 10. So I thought, stuff it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi team - love some feedback. Everything seems to be going in the right direction. But more often than not i get a few disturbances and leakage (even tho under the acceptable limit for Philips) and i think that it's not allowing me a deep sleep. Was hoping you guys n gals could take a look at the last couple of OSCAR results please.

For reference. Its been hot as satan's armpit here. regularly over 40 (104) during the day and around 25 (77) at night, so it isn't comfortable sleeping. I've found a good setting for the humdifier, so thats going ok. Any other tips would be appreciated.

TIA

[attachment=39930]

[attachment=39931]
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're comfortable, the only improvement might be leaks. Looks great. You're welcome to come sample our frozen tundra at 40-degrees North Lat.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2022, 07:51 PM)Captain Howdy Wrote: Hi team - love some feedback. Everything seems to be going in the right direction. But more often than not i get a few disturbances and leakage (even tho under the acceptable limit for Philips) and i think that it's not allowing me a deep sleep. Was hoping you guys n gals could take a look at the last couple of OSCAR results please.

For reference. Its been hot as satan's armpit here. regularly over 40 (104) during the day and around 25 (77) at night, so it isn't comfortable sleeping. I've found a good setting for the humdifier, so thats going ok. Any other tips would be appreciated.

TIA
As an aside from the CPAP stuff, specifically for some sleep hygine, but I use the Ooler cooling system in my bed: Ooler cooling system

Not sure how easy this is to get in Oz.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2022, 09:25 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you're comfortable, the only improvement might be leaks.  Looks great.  You're welcome to come sample our frozen tundra at 40-degrees North Lat.

Thankyou for the reply. So you are saying the hypopnia, riera and periodic breathing are nothing too serious? If I'm reading the results correctly, I think the leaks are causing these disturbances and as a result it's not allowing me to get into a deep sleep. Thoughts?

Today I'm going to trial some reamed nasal pillows . The 30i I think. Hopefully that will be a bit better for leaks. 

And I would pay anything to come your way! Today it's only 38! Woohoo.  Seriously tho, I'm over it .
Post Reply Post Reply
We had a really nice warm day at 16 degrees C today ahead of a storm that will bring 3 to 5 cm of rain tomorrow then dropping temperatures to -4 to +8 most of the week. Trust me, I can deal with 38 and have ridden the motorcycle through up to 42-45C...miserable. There are times when a pool and AC are more fun.

As far as your results, the Philips flag the variable breathing, which is different form periodic breathing, and there is some hypopnea in there. Your machine does not specialize in flow limitation, and that is what we would address with a Resmed. It's like your weather. No point in complaining about it if you can 't change it. Get a machine with EPR and call me in the morning.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2022, 07:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We had a really nice warm day at 16 degrees C today  ahead of a storm that will bring 3 to 5 cm of rain tomorrow then dropping temperatures to -4 to +8 most of the week. Trust me, I can deal with 38 and have ridden the motorcycle through up to 42-45C...miserable. There are times when a pool and AC are more fun.

As far as your results, the Philips flag the variable breathing, which is different form periodic breathing, and there is some hypopnea in there.  Your machine does not specialize in flow limitation, and that is what we would address with a Resmed.  It's like your weather. No point in complaining about it if you can 't change it.  Get a machine with EPR and call me in the morning.

Stopit. I'd kill for the cold. 

Yeah. Understand regarding resmed v philips. If only I was aware of such things when I signed up! I'm currently looking at getting it replaced due to the faults. But with supply of the replacement machines and time to post to Australia etc, I'm just going to keep using the Philips for now. Then when i get the replacement, sell it, then get a resmed. 

For when that happens. What is the resmed you'd suggest I buy? I might start looking now. And has their been any reports of the dreamstation 2 being any better for flow limitations?
Post Reply Post Reply
I broke up the ice on the pool and skidded it up on the deck. Spring ice-break, I'm happy.

As far as resmed, nothing too fancy. Airsense 10 Autoset has up to 3-cm of bilevel pressure support and should stabilize the variable breathing. The important part is how you feel. I don't know that there is anything we can do to improve on what you have. You are using fixed pressure which should be the least disruptive approach. The pressure seems right, and you have apparently turned off the Flex to avoid that influence, right?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2022, 08:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I broke up the ice on the pool and skidded it up on the deck. Spring ice-break, I'm happy.

As far as resmed, nothing too fancy. Airsense 10 Autoset has up to 3-cm of bilevel pressure support and should stabilize the variable breathing.  The important part is how you feel.  I don't know that there is anything we can do to improve on what you have.  You are using fixed pressure which should be the least disruptive approach. The pressure seems right, and you have apparently turned off the Flex to avoid that influence, right?

I'd swap in a heart beat. 

How do I feel? I feel better than I was a year back. Headaches and sore eyeballs have gone. Energy is slowly creeping back. But I find that I'm still not rested as I could be. I'm getting woken up by leaks or discomfort. So that's the reasoning of trying a new mask. And yes I have turned off flex. So I think the solution is finding a mask that suits.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 530 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 383 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.