Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
RE: Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
(02-16-2022, 08:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I broke up the ice on the pool and skidded it up on the deck. Spring ice-break, I'm happy.

As far as resmed, nothing too fancy. Airsense 10 Autoset has up to 3-cm of bilevel pressure support and should stabilize the variable breathing.  The important part is how you feel.  I don't know that there is anything we can do to improve on what you have.  You are using fixed pressure which should be the least disruptive approach. The pressure seems right, and you have apparently turned off the Flex to avoid that influence, right?

I'd swap in a heart beat. 

How do I feel? I feel better than I was a year back. Headaches and sore eyeballs have gone. Energy is slowly creeping back. But I find that I'm still not rested as I could be. I'm getting woken up by leaks or discomfort. So that's the reasoning of trying a new mask. And yes I have turned off flex. So I think the solution is finding a mask that suits.
Post Reply Post Reply
hiya - just wanted to get a little follow up opinion. I have just been trialling the Resmed Airfit p30i nasal pads. They seem to be doing a good job. Less irritation and less disturbance than my dreamwhisp nasal mask. I just wanted to see if there is anything else you guys could recommend or if i'm on a good thing and to go ahead and make the purchase.

Mon night - by far the best night i've had. I woke feeling pretty good. Not refreshed and full of life, but rested.

[attachment=40142]

Tue night - not great. It seemed like i was on my back a bit and woke a fair bit. Leaks were ok, I just woke feeling like i used to with the typical apnea symptoms - headache, sore limbs, depressed. 

[attachment=40143]

Wed night - way better than last night. Woke rested. Again, not full of life, just more content. Leaks peaked a little - but not heaps. I am using pillows and supports to make sure i stick on my side.

[attachment=40144]

So is there anything you guys can recommend in the way of changes or tweaks? Or is this looking like a good option of mask to stick with?

Thankyou so much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump! See above
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see any changes to suggest. The 9.5 pressure is working well and is comfortable when the leaks are low. At least you seem to be having more good nights than bad. Remind me which mask this is when you can.

Looks like rain and freezing rain moving in tonight. The roads are going to be a mess. I'll still trade for some sunshine and heat.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2022, 08:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't see any changes to suggest. The 9.5 pressure is working well and is comfortable when the leaks are low. At least you seem to be having more good nights than bad.  Remind me which mask this is when you can.  

Looks like rain and freezing rain moving in tonight. The roads are going to be a mess. I'll still trade for some sunshine and heat.

Thankyou! 

I'm trialling the resmed airfit p30i nasal mask 

The heat continues I'm afraid. It is promising a dip next week. Can't wait
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello lovely people. I have been working hard on my sleep. I've found a nasal pillow (the airfit n30i) that really works. It fits well, it's fairly comfy and it there's minimal leak. I have also started taking a medication for sleep (amitriptyline 10mg) which is really helping. But i'm still experiencing tiredness when waking. It's not like the old days with headaches and dry eyes. But still enough to make me want to check to see if there is anything else i could be doing. So am going to post some OSCAR data and would love some feedback please. 

[attachment=43866]

[attachment=43867]

[attachment=43868]

is variable breathing something to worry about? I remember someone saying this could be a fault of the philips machine not responding quickly enough. But from the readouts is there a chance this could be causing the tiredness? What could be done ?

Thankyou!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2022, 08:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Looks like rain and freezing rain moving in tonight. The roads are going to be a mess. I'll still trade for some sunshine and heat.

Haha. Since last post, we've experienced a cold snap (for us) been 2 degrees (about 35f) and raining. Couldn't be more opposite to 6 months back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all - things have been going pretty good CPAP wise - but am still struggling with fatigue (possibly due to undiagnosed coeliac disease/adrenal issues). And I just wanted to post a couple of OSCAR readouts to see if there is anything else I could be doing or tweaking - just to rule out anything. To me it looks pretty good, but was hoping you could cast your expert eyes over it. 

Here's some random samples of nights with the most events

thankyou!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to bump this before it got lost down the page. Just really wanted to see if there is anything i'm missing.

Love some feedback
CH
Post Reply Post Reply
Your charts look pretty good.

The things that come to mind when you say, fatigue, sleeping conditions and/or a vitamin or mineral deficiency. For sleeping, do you sleep comfortably?  An old mattress or the wrong pillow can make for bad sleep.  

Concerning the vitamin or minerals; Have you tried taking B12 for the fatigue?  It will take about a week to really see any difference. Also, taking magnesium just prior to bedtime can increase your relaxation. I started taking it for cramps, but found I had a more restful sleep even when I didn't have cramps. If you are interested, look around for magnesium glycinate. It is more readily absorbed by the body than others.

The bottom line is, a CPAP will only get you so far. Since you are dialed fairly well, I would start considering other areas.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 470 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 397 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 525 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 378 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.