Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
Hello team I've gone away and used the info that you guys n gals provided and have swapped to a Full Face Mask. I also now use a SCC and am comfortable with both. From what i can see, my main issues, mouth leakage and general leaks have been taken care of. But i think i need some fine tuning. I do get some good nights, but mostly still wake feeling unrested and edgy and would really love to sort this out and get some consistant sleep. So would love you to have a look.

For reference - I am using CFLEX+ setting, purely as when i first used the FFM my ears were really being effected. I found that by using the CFLEX + setting, it really reduced the pressure on my ears canals and is way more comfy.

TIA

ps. i took a second screen grab to show my machine settings

[attachment=31022]
[attachment=31023]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
Your numbers look good.  The snores are a little high and could be disrupting sleep, along with some Reras and Hypopneas.

The only thing you might try is raising your pressure a bit to combat that. Try raising it to 9cm.  
You could also use CFlex+ setting at 2. Since your numbers are good, I'm just looking to make it more comfortable.

Your leak rate is within limits for a Respironics machine. Just that one blip when you stopped treatment around 3:30.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2021, 07:12 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your numbers look good.  The snores are a little high and could be disrupting sleep, along with some Reras and Hypopneas.

The only thing you might try is raising your pressure a bit to combat that.  Try raising it to 9cm.  
You could also use CFlex+ setting at 2.  Since your numbers are good, I'm just looking to make it more comfortable.

Your leak rate is within limits for a Respironics machine.  Just that one blip when you stopped treatment around 3:30.

Thankyou for the response. There is something disrupting me. Just trying to work it out. Sometimes my hypopnea count is up a bit , I might go back to those nights and check the snore count and see if there's any correlation. 

Will definitely try those adjustments and report back. Thankyou so much Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
OK - tried those settings. I actually woke up feeling a lot more rested. But a quick scan of OSCAR doesn't show too much difference to my eyes. I'll post the data and see what you reckon. Thankyou! 

[attachment=31034]
Post Reply Post Reply
The good thing is that you woke up more rested.  That is actually more important than numbers.  

Of course, one day doesn't make a trend, so give it a couple more days at those settings.  

One thing, turn off the VS2 flag on the event graph.  This hasn't been proven to be actual snores, and sometimes Respironics machines pick up other sounds that aren't actually snores.  Leave the VS flag on.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2021, 07:15 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The good thing is that you woke up more rested.  That is actually more important than numbers.  

Of course, one day doesn't make a trend, so give it a couple more days at those settings.  

One thing, turn off the VS2 flag on the event graph.  This hasn't been proven to be actual snores, and sometimes Respironics machines pick up other sounds that aren't actually snores.  Leave the VS flag on.

Thankyou. Can you run me through how to do that plz?. I've had a play around, but I don't want to stuff it up. Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
While in the Daily Page, click on File> Preferences > Events > then look for VS2 (Vibratory Snore) and be sure it is unchecked.

Also, in the daily page, go to the bottom of the chart.  There you will see an arrow with a drop down box (Event Flag Selector).
Click on arrow, and uncheck VS2.

This OSCAR Guide is a work in progress by member Gideon, and is very helpful.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. Unfortunately some numnuts took off his mask in his sleep. So there wasn't much data. So back to the drawing board tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
That seems to be a common occurrence with some.  Try again and be sure the SD card is in your machine while you sleep. Smile
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm normally pretty good. But we'll see tonight! Might Gaffa tape my hands together
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 529 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 380 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.