Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
RE: Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
Here's last night. I'm still not rested after the last few nights. Any thoughts on the snoring? Do you think i should crank up the pressure or anything else i should look at ?

thankyou!

[attachment=31131]
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's take a zoomed look at your flow rate. Just zoom in your chart to a 3-minute view. This is described in the Organize your Chart wiki. With a closer view we can see what the flow wave looks like and why there are so many spikes, which may be arousals. For example 23:25, or anywhere we see the pink shaded variable breathing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2021, 07:50 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's take a zoomed look at your flow rate.  Just zoom in your chart to a 3-minute view. This is described in the Organize your Chart wiki.  With a closer view we can see what the flow wave looks like and why there are so many spikes, which may be arousals. For example 23:25, or anywhere we see the pink shaded variable breathing.

thankyou for that. here is the zoomed view - i'm pretty sure that it's correct! 

[attachment=31132]
Post Reply Post Reply
In that screenshot, the expiratory flow is missing, meaning you may be slipping a lower lip under the F20 mask. That will of course compromise therapy and may be disruptive to sleep even if you're not aware of it. We need to be sure the mask is staying in place or find an alternative to the F20. We can see the leak rate is elevated, but below the large leak level in this image, so now we know why.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2021, 08:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: In that screenshot, the expiratory flow is missing, meaning you may be slipping a lower lip under the F20 mask. That will of course compromise therapy and may be disruptive to sleep even if you're not aware of it.  We need to be sure the mask is staying in place or find an alternative to the F20.  We can see the leak rate is elevated, but below the large leak level in this image, so now we know why.

That makes a lot of sense. The exhalation is going somewhere at those points, but isn't a large leak. So it has to be another cause such as bottom lip slipping. 

Hmm.. just thinking of solutions. I do have a chin strap I could use? I have always had a slack jaw when sleeping. The strap could prevent that. Any other suggestions would be great. Really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a soft cervical collar? If fitted right, it could help keep your jaw/mouth closed or stop the lower lip from slipping.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Also, read the Mask Primer for additional tips.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2021, 10:45 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Have you tried a soft cervical collar?  If fitted right, it could help keep your jaw/mouth closed or stop the lower lip from slipping.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Also, read the Mask Primer for additional tips.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer

Yes I have. I have been. Using my SCC for the last month. So obviously that isn't working! I tried my chin strap last night and just woke up. I'll have a look at the Oscar data soon. Generally I feel a bit less anxious and less fatigued. Not much tho.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the screen shot from last night plus a couple of zoomed in shots. Love some feedback - thankyou!

[attachment=31138]

[attachment=31139]

[attachment=31140]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think we know what the problem is, but need to find a solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2021, 07:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think we know what the problem is, but need to find a solution.

Mask isn't staying in place or lower lip is falling out, causing leakage but not enough to be a "large leak" but still disruptive enough to cause disturbance.

Right. Look at current mask fit. Try SCC and chinstrap or combo of both. Look at other mask options. 

Thankyou!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 476 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 403 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 530 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 384 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.