Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
RE: Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
Hi team. Hope you are all well. I've been continuing with my CPAP and its better than it was - but i'm still getting a few up and down nights. So i have included some OSCAR data from last night. 

My AHI is constantly below 2.0 , leak rates are fine, but i just seem to be waking up every few hours and having a very light sleep. Also waking just not feeling like ive slept. Having a few of the old sore eyeball / headache wakeups too which is not fun. There are still a few random events happening. So i was wondering if there is anything that i could be changing. I've attached some screen shots below.

Just for reference. Since last time i have gone from CFLEX + 2 and changed to FLEX 2 - this is due to feeling a bit out of breath on the exhale and i thought i'd try FLEX 2 out. 

TIA!

[attachment=33728]

[attachment=33729]

[attachment=33730]

i missed one! attached in below post
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot one!

[attachment=33731]
Post Reply Post Reply
And this was last nights readout. Love some feedback from the last couple of posts too plz! Any advice why i'm suddenly getting these events.

TIA!

[attachment=33742]
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your data seems to indicate that you are still having hypopneas and OAs.   The 2 main causes for these types of events are, 1 - too low of an EPAP pressure and, 2 - positional airway occlusions.   The later may be caused by chin tucking or sleeping on your back.

Since you have a Flex option turned on, I would try increasing the pressure to 10.5.  This being a 1 cm increase should not cause any undue discomfort on you.

Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2021, 08:06 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Looking at your data seems to indicate that you are still having hypopneas and OAs.   The 2 main causes for these types of events are, 1 - too low of an EPAP pressure and, 2 - positional airway occlusions.   The later may be caused by chin tucking or sleeping on your back.

Since you have a Flex option turned on, I would try increasing the pressure to 10.5.  This being a 1 cm increase should not cause any undue discomfort on you.

Good luck!

- Red

Legend. Thankyou.

Tonight I'll up the pressure and see what changes that brings. Then if that doesn't show any difference. I'll try using my SCC again and address the back sleeping. Thankyou so much
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's an update after a week of a few changes. 

Firstly, as recommended I upped the pressure to 10.5 - but I found it was too much and I was swallowing way too much air. So I have turned flex off and gone back to 9.5 - here is the screenshot from last night. 

[attachment=33949]

I have been sleeping really badly lately due to an annoying cough. So i have been on codiene syrup. So i think that helped a lot with me sleeping for one, but also moving around too much and onto my back which I think is some of the issue. So the moving onto my back is something i need to maintain.

Can someone quickly explain why turing flex off is better for CA, OB and H?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi team - was hoping for a bit of advice. I've been sleeping a lot better than i was, but still waking not rested or refreshed. I think i'm having minor disturbances that are keeping me from having a good recharging sleep. I was hoping you could have a quick glance over the last couple of nights OSCAR and see if there is anything i'm missing please?

I have a couple of theories. A few times my mouth tape has come away around the corner of my mouth due to an excess build up of dribble. I've always been a mouth breather until i started this CPAP thing. Are there any tips for preventing this? Another theory is that my pressure might be a bit high and causes build up of air in the mouth which in turn causes the mouth tape to leak? I might experiment tonight with turning it down to 9. Thoughts or any tips? And finally - my nose mask sometimes leaks if i lay a certain way. Is there a way to rell if this is happening often via OSCAR?

Anyway - love some feedback.
thankyou!

[attachment=38101]

[attachment=38102]
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump. Just in case this gets lost. See post above.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello? Anybody? I keep disappearing down the page. See 2 posts above
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 528 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 759 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 446 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 172 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 283 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 546 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.