Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
RE: Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz!
Looking at your results, the leak rate is pretty good, but the snores may be related to some air-farts through the tape or mask. Have you tried a pressure .5 cm higher at 10? I think the variable breathing looks obstructive, but a closer look couldn't hurt.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2021, 08:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looking at your results, the leak rate is pretty good, but the snores may be related to some air-farts through the tape or mask.  Have you tried a pressure .5 cm higher at 10?  I think the variable breathing looks obstructive, but a closer look couldn't hurt.

thankyou for the reply. Last night i tried lowering the pressure to 9. Here are the results below. Seems to be a lot less leak and less snore. How could i get a closer look on the variable breathing to determine if obstructive ?

[attachment=38203]

thankyou!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a humidifier with the setup? You may want to reduce that a point or two. I noticed that my leaks really dropped off due to dribble/drool when I dropped that.

Knightsbridge chin strap along with tape also helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy, the lower pressure looks better. I think experimenting in a narrow range to see what works best for your comfort is a great idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2021, 10:11 AM)nightgagger Wrote: Do you have a humidifier with the setup?  You may want to reduce that a point or two.  I noticed that my leaks really dropped off due to dribble/drool when I dropped that.

Knightsbridge chin strap along with tape also helps.

Oh nice one. I just checked and the humidifier was at 5 and my tube temp was at maximum too. I've dropped both back as it's now summer here and pushing 40 degrees (104f) during the day and mid 20s (77f) at night. And judging by the OSCAR below - my leaks correspond with periodic breathing spikes. So i'd say - thats when i start getting some mouth leaks coming through. Onward!

[attachment=38231]

[attachment=38232]
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2021, 11:32 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Howdy, the lower pressure looks better. I think experimenting in a narrow range to see what works best for your comfort is a great idea.

thankyou. Yeah i'm definitely on the right path. It's just fine tuning to stop these little mini disturbances so i can get a long restful sleep. And just to double check - am i correct in saying that the mouth leaks could be those spikes on the leak chart - and in turn affecting the periodic breathing too?

[attachment=38233]

[attachment=38234]
Post Reply Post Reply
Technically the variable breathing being flagged in pink is not the same as periodic breathing, but the answer is yes. Both flow limiations and leaks can contribute to that variation. Good catch on the humidifier settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
So i put the humdifier settings down to 3 and the tube temp down too. Slept a bunch and it looks like those settings are definitely helping with the potential mouth farts/leaks. With the weather getting into the mid 40s this week i might turn them down even more. What's your experience with having lower settings for humidifier and tube temps in hotter weather?

[attachment=38266]
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a quick look at my data through the year. I use a Resmed machine and it has a humidity setting of 0- 5.

I'm in the Northern Hemisphere so July - August are our hot months, but I live by the sea, so we rarely get dry, hot days, anything above 35C .
Humidity can get high, but typically my house/room runs anywhere from 50 to 70% humidity. Room temps can vary as I've had days where my room can get into the 30s, but drop to 15.

In any case, I used to run a humidity of 4, then dropped it down to 3. Finally and currently settling down to 1 now.

As far as tube temps, 30C was normal, until a few months ago where I dropped it to 28C. I have a tube cover as well. That has prevented the rainout I used to have.

Dropping the humidity really improved my leak situation from drooling.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2021, 11:08 AM)nightgagger Wrote: I had a quick look at my data through the year.  I use a Resmed machine and it has a humidity setting of  0- 5.  

I'm in the Northern Hemisphere so July - August are our hot months, but I live by the sea, so we rarely get dry, hot days, anything above 35C .
Humidity can get high, but typically my house/room runs anywhere from 50 to 70% humidity.  Room temps can vary as I've had days where my room can get into the 30s, but drop to 15.

In any case, I used to run a humidity of 4, then dropped it down to 3.   Finally and currently settling down to 1 now.  

As far as tube temps, 30C was normal, until a few months ago where I dropped it to 28C.  I have a tube cover as well.  That has prevented the rainout I used to have.

Dropping the humidity really improved my leak situation from drooling.

awesome. thankyou for that. It's going to be mid 40s for the next few days... blergh. So i might crank the humidity down to 1, same with the tube. I can definitely see the difference lowering the humidifier. Nice spot on that - i owe you a beer. 

Here's my chart from last night. Definitely had some mouth leakage around 3am . I assume this is where i slip into really deep, relaxed sleep. This is the time where i'd like to be undisturbed as possible. So any tips on mouth taping? I always seem to leak from the very corner of my mouth. 

[attachment=38311]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 398 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 525 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 379 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.