Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Love my DME now
Smile 
Love my DME now
Just got off the phone with my DME, ordered my filters, and a new cushion for my FFM - no problems with that - then I mentioned that I would rather have the nasal mask (swift FX) - but I had to switch to the FFM because I was sick, and they told me that they should have let me keep the nasal mask, and they should have just given me the FFM because I was sick - so they are going to ship me my filter, the cushion for the FFM, and a new swift FX nasel mask - that is all going out today, and will arrive tomorrow - now comparing this to my wifes DME where we had to go in time after time to get a replacement SD since they took hers to read it - and took them over 2 months to give us another one.

Happy now, now will see what difference I get in my numbers - mostly my leak rate I think is what messing things up - went to bed at 2:15 lat night - had 0 unintentional leak up untill 6:00 - then it went up to 28-30 until 8:45 when I got up - had 85 events during that last 2:45 to, so looking forward to see what differene the different mask is going to make.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Love my DME now
Glad you had a good experience with your DME. Mine sold me a used mask as new which didn't know at the time it had to come in a sealed bag and unopened box
Ohwell never shopped there again. once bitten, twice shy Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2012, 08:48 PM)zonk Wrote: Glad you had a good experience with your DME. Mine sold me a used mask as new which didn't know at the time it had to come in a sealed bag and unopened box
Ohwell never shopped there again. once bitten, twice shy Dielaughing

so far, every mask they have given as been sealed, and in the box - which is good. Went their yesterday to pick up my Mirage FX mask - the wife is gealous LOL - she likes my mask a LOT better than hers - she has fisher and paykel, and doesn't like that the shoulder does not comm of the mask where the hose hooks up. But the DME took the time to sit down, and explain things to me that my wifes DME had me totally confused on - spend about 45 minutes discussing things - and I just walked in, no appointment - though that was cool
Post Reply Post Reply
All DME's should be as good. It only makes good business sense. Getting a XPAP machine is like buying a razor with blades. You spend less on the razor than you do the blades that you keep buying and buying, as long as you are happy with the razor. The razor manufacturer makes more on the blades than they do on the razor, But, if you aren't happy, you stop buying the blades, and the manufacturer loses out.

Similarly, if you aren't happy with your DME or they don't make you happy with your XPAP, you are going to stop using the DME or stop using your XPAP. Either way, the DME is going to be losing out without you, they won't be supplying all the replacable supplies,( mask, filters, tubing, water chambers, etc), that are the bigger and longer term profit makers for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2012, 09:46 AM)BabyDoc Wrote: All DME's should be as good. It only makes good business sense. Getting a XPAP machine is like buying a razor with blades. You spend less on the razor than you do the blades that you keep buying and buying, as long as you are happy with the razor. The razor manufacturer makes more on the blades than they do on the razor, But, if you aren't happy, you stop buying the blades, and the manufacturer loses out.

Similarly, if you aren't happy with your DME or they don't make you happy with your XPAP, you are going to stop using the DME or stop using your XPAP. Either way, the DME is going to be losing out without you, they won't be supplying all the replacable supplies,( mask, filters, tubing, water chambers, etc), that are the bigger and longer term profit makers for them.

I agree they should all be as good. Unfortunately the situation I find myself in is that my HMO uses this one DME exclusively. If you want to use someone else, you can, but it is not covered. This is why I ordered my new machine from Secondwind and I'll just deal with it! I really can't stand those people. I went in for a new mask, he looked at me, held up the medium pillows, clipped them into the headgear, and shooed me out of the office without any sort of detailed instructions. I even brought my machine in case he wanted to look at it and evaluate it for possible replacement. He wasn't even interested. I was an interruption in his day rather than the reason for it. "How not to treat a patient 101 by....DME"
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I am in the same situation with my HMO and their contracted DME. While the DME hasn't always initially done right for me, they are, at the very least, courteous. I will guarantee you that there is somebody at the DME who will listen to you. Usually it is a supervisor or the manager, who has a vested interest in the business performance of that office. If you get to them, they will find you somebody who will give you the service you need. I complained to a manager about the service or advice I was given. I was referred to the chief respiratory therapist, who not only spent the time with me that I needed. She asked me to ONLY call her when I needed something, so I wouldn't have to deal with some of the others in the office.

If that doesn't work, call your HMO's DME department. They will help you with the DME. (I recently posted how my DME was not giving me the allowed number of nasal pillow replacements I was supposed to be getting each month. My HMO called on my behalf, and got what I needed.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 525 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 379 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,946 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,188 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Arrow Would love some feedback on OSCAR data esaulcatnas 3 508 08-31-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  I'd love a review of my data and/or advice, esp. re. waking up at night danielsomers 6 773 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: danielsomers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.