Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI Still Feel Like Crap
Gross 
Low AHI Still Feel Like Crap
I've been instructed this is my best place to come to get some help as I have been struggling with feeling better with my machine and have reached a standstill on my ability to be able to read and best understand my Oscar data.

I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea with an AHI of 7 and RDI of 12. I have had all the symptoms you can name including horrible fatigue, brain fog, irritability, crazy loud snoring, etc...

I was given recommendation to leave settings wide open on my machine of 4-20 and to adjust accordingly.

Initially my battle was being able to keep the mask on for the entire night... and when I would, I would feel significantly better the next day, more mental clarity and more energy.

I have now conquered that battle; however, even after wearing the mask all night I am feeling awful the next day and noticing that I am probably waking up anywhere from 5-7 times per night from what I can remember.

From my Oscar charts it looks like I am hitting my maxes on my chart in terms of pressure and am not sure what needs to be done in order to fix it.

My pressures are currently.... PS 5 over 10-18

These have been reached just from trial and error on my end from my basic reading and understanding of my charts.... the PS may be too high for all I know.

I have attached some reports from some nights to show you guys and hopefully someone is able to help me understand where I am going wrong!

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Low AHI Still Feel Like Crap
bumpp
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI Still Feel Like Crap
Welcome to the board. As you probably know your pressure is driven by flow limits. As your fl increase so does your pressure.

You have PS set to 5, so you are where I would think is a good setting for this but you might try to increase the ps while decreasing the min to see if that helps.

I woyld try ps 5.6 and decrease the min the same amount .6.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Only feel good at zero AHI? permabear 12 310 6 hours ago
Last Post: permabear
  [CPAP] Please help me figure out why I feel so awful cugamer 1 239 04-11-2022, 10:07 PM
Last Post: clownbell
Ohmy AHI is mild but I feel like a zombie - OSCAR review request aa87 10 687 03-16-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: aa87
Cool Centrals: Do you feel your breathing stop when drifting off? I do. S. Manz 10 835 02-19-2022, 01:31 AM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  7 months on, daily headaches/zombie-feel bosskyroyale 9 577 02-17-2022, 06:42 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Weird breathing patterns? 3 months on CPAP, AHI of 4, still feel awful leftfield 14 752 01-20-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  AHI under 5, Good O2 level, still feel tired, sleepy in the morning dannyr 8 527 01-20-2022, 10:51 AM
Last Post: dannyr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.