Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Claybay1 Treatment Thread
Claybay1 Treatment Thread
Hello all! I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea in February with a AHI of 5 after taking a take home test from Lofta. I understand that that is generally very mild, but I felt tired during the day so I decided to take the plunge and I bought my machine in March (ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset) and began treatment and have been using it nearly every night since. At first I had some struggles with mask leakage but eventually I downsized and I feel that I've got that part of the machine dialed in.

I still feel daytime sleepiness and general fatigue and I'm looking to see if you could review my OSCAR data from the last couple nights to see if I missed something major. Please let me know if you have any ideas or need any additional information!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Claybay1 Treatment Thread
Claybay1,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I would have to say that your charts look near perfect.  Most here would wish for those results.

But sadly enough, low numbers don't always represent how we feel.  Other than mask issues, feeling tired or fatigued seems to be a common complaint among us Pap users.

One thing I do notice is the spikes on your leak chart. This may signify mask movement possibly caused by you tossing and turning. Does your mask fit ok?

Do you sleep through the night, or are you waking up a lot?

I wish I had a definitive answer for you, but many of us, including myself suffer with other health issues that keeps us from getting a good nights sleep which causes us to feel fatigue during the day.

Be sure you are up to date on your physicals. Have you had complete blood work done lately? At least rule out any other health issues.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Claybay1 Treatment Thread
To build on what Opal Rose has said, it would be good to make an appointment with your primary care physician to talk about your continuing sleepiness and fatigue. He or she may want to test you for, e.g., thyroid function, testosterone levels, and autoimmune disease.

When you talk with the doctor, try to distinguish between sleepiness and fatigue. Sleepiness means you'd like to take a nap during the day and could readily fall asleep if you had the opportunity to nap. Fatigue means physical exertion takes will-power and leaves you more worn out. With either one, you may also experience difficulty thinking things through, finding words, and concentrating. With either you may feel gloomy or irritable.

Also try to give specific examples of what you're talking about, e.g., you start to fall asleep during a meeting, or you feel more tired after walking two blocks, or you couldn't think of the word "windshield." (That happened to me back before I was treated for autoimmune disease!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,597 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 148 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 580 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 821 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,380 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,772 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.