Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI but pression too high?
Low AHI but pression too high?
Hello, i've been using my Airsense 10 with these settings for quite some time but most of the times i feel tired, i've been using a fixed pressure just because it felt good and everytime i tried something different the AHI increased, also i had a lot of problem with leaks/mask for sure caused by the pression too high, can someone suggest me what to do? Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Low AHI but pression too high?
There's certainly nothing wrong with using a fixed pressure if that's more comfortable. Many folk are sensitive to pressure changes.

Your numbers look good, but if you feel the pressure is too high, turn it down just a bit and observe for a day or two.
Instead of 14, try 13.6 or 13.4.

If that seems good, keep lowering the pressure a little at a time. If you start to see more apneas, change it back.

Your statistics show you did well at a pressure of 12cm.

Comfort should take precedence.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Backup Battery Recommendation for High Pressure and Humidity Johnnyde94 22 2,232 05-12-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  High Leakage but AHI okay BrianG 2 181 05-05-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise watertrails 9 336 04-24-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: watertrails
  Full face mask causing high AHI ellenos 4 324 04-22-2022, 11:59 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  High CA Low AHI & tired, ENT Refused treatment, going rogue storesmoothie 2 309 04-04-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New ResMed User - High AHI nafas 10 417 04-03-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: nafas
  [CPAP] Help Needed - AHIs in the 60s-70s with super high Leak Rates ExitLightEnterNight 2 206 03-31-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.