Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI but still feel tired everyday
Low AHI but still feel tired everyday
Hi everyone,

I would greatly appreciate some help. I have been using pap therapy for around 1.5 years but still do not wake up feeling well rested. 

Could someone please take a look at my most recent data from OSCAR to see if anything stands out?

Thank you in advance!

Machine: Resmed AirCurve V10
Mask: Phillips Fullface Dreamwear
Pressure Settings: 10 (IPAP). 5 (EPAP) (Bilevel)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI but still feel tired everyday
You have left the entire left column that has a lot of important info. Please take out the calendar and pie chart that is on the left column. We can give you some helpful information if we can see everything. The charts are arranged is my signature at the end of post. It is linked with which charts we need.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The following link shows how to set up your OSCAR Report Daily page for taking a screenshot so that you can present information in the most effective manner for forum members to review.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ganization

If you have any difficulties' understanding anything, post back and we will assist you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have posted the images again, this time from multiple nights. Please take a look, I would really appreciate any inputs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are happy with how the pressure feels, try setting the trigger from med to high. That may be enough to clear up the central apnoea’s.

If you want to try a different pressure setting to help with the obstructives and hypopnoeas, try bumping your pressure by 0.2 every night or two until they are reduced. It may trigger more CA’s, but the trigger set to high should help with that.

Let us know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing terrible to change but I think we can make you feel better and lose some of the centrals.

First change the setting to VPAPauto
Min 4
ps 4
max 10

set trigger setting to high

This should help with the centrals and better sleep,
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried fiddling with the settings on the machine over the past week and have data from a couple recent night attached below. 
I feel comfortable using the machine throughout the night and do not remember waking up during the night (like was the case before). I noticed now that most events have cleared up with the change in settings.

But I am still feeling not well rested and sleepy during the day, every day. I track my sleep with Fitbit Sleep Monitoring app and it shows I am not getting much REM sleep when I use the machine. it shows I get more when I do not use the machine, but then I have more apneas probably and feel worse.

I am not sure what else I could do to improve the therapy. So if someone has any inputs, I would really appreciate it. 

Settings:

Changed to V-Auto
Trigger = High
Max IPAP = 11
PS = 3
Min EPAP = 6

Post Reply Post Reply
Abhi, you have made really good progress since your first post, and the use of Vauto pressure with the lower pressure support seems to have resolved most respiratory events. If you don't feel rested, it is likely because you only have 5-1/2 hours of therapy or sleep time. I don't know of a magic formula that will ensure more deep sleep or REM time. If I did, I would certainly use it. I have problems with waking up for long periods of time at night now, and often get just a few minutes of deep sleep or REM based on my Apple watch. I mean in 11 hours the other day I got 6 hours of sleep! It's not always the therapy, and we go through some phases where our sleep is ephemeral. I'm hoping this passes for me, and you, but it isn't going to happen in 5 hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 8 182 6 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 214 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 294 04-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 179 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 262 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 334 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 215 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.