Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

recent problems with sleep disturbance
RE: recent problems with sleep disturbance
So glad it is working for you. With the knowledge you have gained your future looks bright.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='256907' dateline='1525193654']
So glad it is working for you. With the knowledge you have gained your future looks bright.
[/quote]

thank you. i learnt a lot from this thread and website. these user forums are invaluable.
i assumed the increase in pressure would prevent the apneas, but the higher pressure seems to have reduced the likelyhood of them occuring and the less spikes in pressure seems to have given me a better nights sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
So glad
Post Reply Post Reply
hey its what i have issues with. i have over 500 microarrousals per night
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2018, 06:11 AM)crowtor Wrote: hey its what i have issues with. i have over 500 microarrousals per night

WOW!! thats rough
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2018, 07:36 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: You might want to try setting your machine for a fixed rate of 8cm and see if that helps you sleep better. Sometimes pressure changes can cause sleep disturbance.

that is very harsh. good luck with finding a solution to yours. i thought that i only need a low pressure, but found the higher pressure helped quite a bit. it was uncomfortable the first couple of nights, but now i don't notice the higher pressure. 
i also use the Resmed Airtouch mask which has a lot less leaks than i had on my previous F20, which used to blast the odd shot of air into my eyes and disturbed me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2018, 02:27 AM)sleepybones Wrote: thank you. i learnt a lot from this thread and website. these user forums are invaluable.
i assumed the increase in pressure would prevent the apneas, but the higher pressure seems to have reduced the likelyhood of them occuring and the less spikes in pressure seems to have given me a better nights sleep.

That right there is a gem of advanced insight that we don't just treat the apnea, but manage the sleep quality as an equally important objective.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i have been subtlely increasing the pressure. i'm now at 11.6 minimum. it appears that from 11.2 to 11.6 should be my base figure. that seems to reduce AHI's to 0.2, and there are minimal leaks. i've felt quite refreshed the past 2 nights and waking a bit earlier. my upper limit is 12.6, but even when an Apneoa is identified the machine only rises to c.11.6/11.8, so i think the base figure is likely to be the best i could achieve.
fingers crossed i've cracked it. the past 12 months have been a learning curve with tweaking here and there, and hopefully if i continue at this level for the foreseeable future i'll have caught up on the tiredness and will only improve fully going forward.
i've also hidden my machine on the windowsill as the wife was suffering due to the higher noise of the machine. the curtain dampens the sound a bit, so hopefully she'll be a bit more rested going forward.
i'm also requesting a switch of clinic from my current hospital to Swindon, as i went to an open day at Swindon, and they are incredibly more proactive than the current and have weekly dropins - something which my current hospital doesn't offer, and my email request for help in March has still not received a reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have come a long way in optimizing your therapy and you're getting better results than most of us can hope for.   Such low AHI is not possible for everyone, but your technique is excellent. As far as machine noise, you can always enclose the machine in a bedside drawer.  I use a 2-inch hole cut through the back for the hose and power.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5043]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,500 10 hours ago
Last Post: jiyun
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 113 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 358 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,205 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 236 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.