Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI
RE: Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI
A longer rise time may help in your case. All you can do is try it and decide if it feels like the pressure syncs better for your needs or not. You really can't do much harm with it. What we are talking about doing with a longer rise time is to make the inspiration pressure rise slower which will look like more of an angle, rather than vertically as is this image. The flattened inspiration peak seems to be very typical of individuals using ST-A and is in large-part due to the square wave shape of the pressure support.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=47868]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night of crazy activity at 4-5 AM.  So frustrating.  I am starting to think I need a video camera to figure out what the heck is happening. Going from low leaks to huge spikes. Weird pressure changes too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I spoke to a sleep tech at my DME company for over an hour today about my mask leaks. The person was very nice and really seemed like they were trying to think of stuff to help.   I mentioned the cervical foam neck collar a few times, but that did not seem to mean anything to the person as they never continued speaking on it.   They suggested some gecko nose pad possibly and thought a F&P Evora full-face mask may be better than Vitera.  I wish I would've been told that BEFORE I just got my new mask 10 days ago and now not eligible for 80 more days for a new one.  I know it's so indidualized though when it comes to mask fitting. 

I continue to have small periods of mask leaks in the 70-90 L/min range for 15-45 min a night.  It was like the person wanted me to be able to pinpoint how the leaks occur and I said I'm sleeping!  No way to know this.  I assume while on my back or somehow pushing the mask in my sleep, but I can't confirm.  My eyes are always extremely tired/dry, but mouth also dry many times too so both likely. It's a no win. 

They also suggested the classic tennis ball arrangement so I don't go on my back.  That may be helpful if I can do it properly. 

I mentioned the super fast rise time on my machine and how it felt like my breathing muscles felt strained.  I was told to talk to my doctor and they can't help there.

I was told if my high mask leaks are for only 15-30 min a night total of the 7-8 hrs of sleep, it shouldn't be that detrimental to sleep quality.  My 'average' leak seems to be 15-20 L/min over a whole night.  My 95th% leak rate is 65+ consistently.  Maybe I'm too concerned over nothing and need to move on.  Not sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Recent O2 Data & Today's Sleep Results - OSCAR
For the first night, I used the Lookee O2 wrist meter.  Average O2 levels were 93%, but I had 29 drops over 4%  - 3.7 drops of 4% or greater per hr, and lowest O2 saturation claimed to be 84%.   Average pulse = 57 BPM.

If I just looked at AHI numbers, I'd be OK, but I know that's wrong.  These OSCAR charts just show a mess.  90+ L/min leak rate at the 95th% last night.  The night before Tidal Volumes consistently around 1,000 mL.  What the heck is the issue?  I really am not liking this ST-A machine.  So much pain in the mid-back shoulder blade since I've been on it.  It feels like my muscles are in overdrive in the AM.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If I may make a suggestion, it is much better to have the "Details" tab selected instead of the "Bookmarks" when taking a screenshot. Also, before you do anything ease, you need to address the large leaks. Until you get those leaks controlled, everything else means nothing. (My opinion)

I believe that the Lookee O2 is a variation on the Viatom/Wellue SleepU. You should be able to import its binary data file into OSCAR.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2023, 02:08 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If I may make a suggestion, it is much better to have the "Details" tab selected instead of the "Bookmarks" when taking a screenshot.  Also, before you do anything ease, you need to address the large leaks.   Until you get those leaks controlled, everything else means nothing. (My opinion)

I believe that the Lookee O2 is a variation on the Viatom/Wellue SleepU.  You should be able to import its binary data file into OSCAR.

- Red

Unfortunately, this device only puts out CSV format files.  There are others that seem to offer the correct formats.  I wish I would've gone with that, but a little late now.

I took a snapshot of all O2 events under 88 last night using the CSV file.  Is it really possible to have this many events with BPAP ST-A treatment?  It makes me wonder if the data is flawed.  Especially after 9 AM. I find it concerning the amount of time I was in the low O2 state if true.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the app name you use to get the csv file?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The Android software has a share function and Pdf or CSV files are the two options.  VIFit is the app.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's odd. When I did a search for "Lookee app", it returns ViHealth, but does not show "VIFit" at all. If it can use ViHealth, then you can get the binary files.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize it is the VIHealth app.  You are correct.  Their website says PC data is not available for the watch O2 meter, but it is for the ring device.  When you hook up the USB cord to the computer and the watch, no data transmission hookup is there.  I'm not super tech saavy though so I could be missing something.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 375 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,914 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 222 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 804 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 252 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,162 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  CA's and low CO2 levels? MrIvanDrago 2 488 11-26-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.