Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI
RE: Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI
An Android device will store the binary ".dat" files in, Android/data/com.viatom.vihealth/files/<some number>/host/. Since you're not using the latest test version of OSCAR, you will need to remove the ".dat" suffix off the files. Prior versions of ViHealth would require you to view the data on your device before it will create this file. Otherwise, it will remain in the SQL database that it stores all information. The reason I mention this is that it seems that Viatom reinvents the wheel with each version upgrade of this app.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it's late in the game for this information, but Jeff8356 recently updated all of the pulse oximeter wikis, to clearly show what is compatible with Oscar and how to import data. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._oximeters I was unable to answer your questions when you were looking for a solution, so just know that your difficulty with finding an oximeter, and problems with an incompatible oximeter led to this being posted in the wiki. I hope you can eventually also benefit from this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2023, 05:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I know it's late in the game for this information, but Jeff8356 recently updated all of the pulse oximeter wikis, to clearly show what is compatible with Oscar and how to import data. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._oximeters   I was unable to answer your questions when you were looking for a solution, so just know that your difficulty with finding an oximeter, and problems with an incompatible oximeter led to this being posted in the wiki.  I hope you can eventually also benefit from this.

Thanks so much for the information.  I am not sure the Lookee Wrist O2 monitor will work with OSCAR, but I'll try tomorrow after I get another set of data to work with.  I will try to follow the instructions and see what I can accomplish.  I probably should've bought an O2 ring, but I'll deal with what I have now.  It's hard to understand why a company makes one product to do something and a very similar one not able to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Odd Flow Rate Zoom In Charts
When I zoom in on my flow rate chart on a per breath basis, I feel like I"m seeing some weird stuff.  What do you all make of a few of these snapshots? I'm curious if they are hyperventilation in some cases and central apnea in another?
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitation caused by airway restriction leading to arousal, possible change in position then normal unobstructed respiration at the end.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=48094]

There is no pattern, with chaotic respiration leading into an obstructive apnea where we see no response to mask pressure attempting to deliver breaths, then recovery breathing and some floppy throat tissue fluctuations on the back side.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=48095]

Flow restriction, arousal with leaks, flow limitation.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=48096]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I see flow limitation throughout your graphs. I don't think this is an artifact of the pressure delivery, but an actual restriction in your airway or pulmonary pathway that is not responding as expected to the current therapy regime. The obstructive apnea was real, but only about 17 seconds duration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2023, 08:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I see flow limitation throughout your graphs.  I don't think this is an artifact of the pressure delivery, but an actual restriction in your airway or pulmonary pathway that is not responding as expected to the current therapy regime. The obstructive apnea was real, but only about 17 seconds duration.

I have to agree that something is not working properly.  I am not sure what a 'normal' non-apnea sufferers flow chart would look like from bedtime to arising, but I imagine much different.  My charts are just littered with these odd non-patterned breaths throughout the night.  While the apneas/hypopneas recorded are always so low, the air intake fluctuates like crazy.  

The Lookee O2 meter said avg O2 of 94% last night with low of 87%.  12 drops under 4%    Less than 90% O2 for 28 sec.

AHI 0.52 last night and woke up exhausted again. Just can't win this battle sadly.  My average mask leak was 20 L/min last night.  Even when I put it on and feel zero leak, the baseline seems to be a leak around 15 L/min.  I'm obviously missing something with all this.
Post Reply Post Reply
In nearly every case above, your pressure was 15/10. I rarely see your ST-A producing a different pressure or pressure support. In the interest of pure speculation, I'd like you to experiment with some different PS min values. I don't know what this will do, but it would be interesting to see how you respond at PS 4.0 and PS 6.0 just to see if one direction or the other moves you in a more comfortable direction. I'm thinking 6.0 is going to be better than lower, but you are kind of a unique, challenging case. In spite of my uncertainty, we will learn more from changing a variable, than just observing the same problem over and over.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought the Lookee Wrist O2, works well so far and I can import to Oscar.

The app only gives you PDF/CSV export, but I have a Mac computer and follow this MacOS method to get the import file for Oscar.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import
Post Reply Post Reply
Wellue makes a great SPO2 and pulse monitor that is called O Ring.  You can use it in Oscar.  Lanky Lefty has a video on it.  I use Sleep SQ because I find it easier with a Chromebook.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 376 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,916 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 222 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 804 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 252 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,162 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  CA's and low CO2 levels? MrIvanDrago 2 488 11-26-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.