Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low O2
Wink 
Low O2
Been using my Airsense autoset for her nightly, but still exhausted all day (napping about 2x/day) so I got a Wellue O2 ring. My oxygen is dropping 4% 9-12 times/night, and my O2 drops to 84-88% during the night. The pressure on my cpap is 5-9, as I was choking at 10-20. The myAir app says 1.1-1.7 events per hour. Is the low O2 something I should be concerned about? Am I fixable? 

I’m trying to add pics for reference, but it’s telling me the file is too large (for 1 pic?). It’s my first time posting on a forum, so be gently on my lack of tech-savvy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low O2
Compressed images added:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=34151]

Compressed image added:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=34152]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Oxygen numbers in the range of 84-88%. if they persist for long periods of time, can be problematic. 

You may wish to discuss any apparent oxygen desaturation with your sleep doctor and arrange for a few simple blood tests to rule out conditions like anemia or the overproduction of red blood cells (polycythemia). If there is persistent desaturation, supplemental oxygen at night may be required. 

Pulse/Oximeters are notoriously inaccurate under certain sleep conditions involving a lot of movement. 

Just looked at your pictures and the 02 situation does not look especially troublesome as you keep the o2 above 93 most of the time.

The key issue appears to be your continued tiredness which demands exploration. 

Best wishes.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks—my mchc and mcv are on the low end of normal—I hadn’t put that together. Appreciate your input
Post Reply Post Reply
The information we need to help you is not contained in myair.  What we need is information in a program called oscar.  It is totally free on this site, at the top of the page.

here is a link to information on how to use oscar

\\http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I'll ditto srlevine1. The desats need to be watched, but these aren't a long enough duration under 90%, and best guess even less so at 88%.

And yes OSCAR is a great report tool for PAP. It is safe to use.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.