Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: Philips, AirSense 10
CPAP Pressure: 12-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: 2L added oxygen with CMS50F to check usage

Sex: Male

Question Low Oxygen, Low Red Blood cell count and Low T
My learning and use of cpap with the help of this forum has led me to ask.

I have a low oxygen level most of the time. It has improved with cpap and the added oxygen when sleeping. It is still low during the day. I had my testosterone level checked two times and it was very low both times (104-122).

I ask one of the doctors about testosterone treatment and he said he would need to check with the heart doctor as testosterone treatment would make the blood thicker by adding Red Blood Cells.

So I thought that my low red blood cell count, low oxygen could be a side effect of Low testosterone.

The low testosterone has been a 50 year event for me. I did not get any childhood shots for all the things going around. I got the whole set of problems. One was the mumps during Puberty. That was a life changer. No kids and very little fun.

Any I am way past that now and just looking for Ideas.

This Apnea Board has helped me to understand so much about my health and caused me to do homework on questions I have. I guess that any education come at a price. Reading this and using the community here is cheap education.

Thank You in advance for sharing your ideas. ThanksThanks

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
07-21-2016 04:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  new to cpap and oxygen worried 8 204 12-02-2016 05:53 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Pulse Oxygen Sensor muddywaters 6 312 11-27-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Rainbow [Diagnosis] They want me to use a CPAP with oxygen concentrator Apneaprincess 47 7,627 11-11-2016 05:18 PM
Last Post: David44142
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 416 10-21-2016 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc
  Blood Pressure Stories cands 10 733 09-05-2016 01:45 PM
Last Post: Timur
  How long until changes in blood tests or medications? NorthernGuy 11 746 09-04-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Oxygen adapter on CPAP hose PaulaO2 6 500 08-29-2016 12:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2