Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low Pressure
Low Pressure
            I'm using a new/replacement Dreamstation ASV which I received on April 15th.  It has a new hose and nasal mask,  Since I started using my new machine it has beeped and stopped a few nights and a message said Low Pressure.  Last night it beeped about four times with the same message, Low Pressure.  I'm not sure if it's a machine or mask problem.  I'm attaching two nights of data plus an overview chart.  Any ideas what the problem is?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low Pressure
It appears your leak rate is trending higher. It may be the machine is unable to compensate for leaks. I think you could stand to have a bit more pressure for EPAP min, and I would go to 6.0 for now and see if this maintains your airway more patent. Also, set the PS min to 3.0 rather than 0.0. I'm sure this will improve the problematic hypopnea and snoring.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be a good time to upgrade to a ResMed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I've looked at my control screen and I'm not sure how to change the PS min.
Post Reply Post Reply
You'd need to access the clinical menu. Do this on your DreamStation: push the Ramp button and the Dial in for about 5 seconds. Your screen will show you've entered the clinical menu. It should start you on the green square for Therapy. Enter therapy via clicking in the Dial. Edit the settings per Sleeprider's suggestions. Find the correct settings you need to edit, click via Dial to edit that setting, turn the Dial to edit, click again Dial to lock it in. Then if there's nothing else, it looks like turning Dial to patient mode is a blue square left of the green Therapy square, click Dial and exit clinical. Alternate is after your edits in clinical to hit the power button, but that also starts therapy immediately.

PS you should also get your copy of the clinical manual to explain your SV Auto in the menu option at the top of Apnea Board, CPAP setup manual.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2021, 08:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It appears your leak rate is trending higher. It may be the machine is unable to compensate for leaks.  I think you could stand to have a bit more pressure for EPAP min, and I would go to 6.0 for now and see if this maintains your airway more patent.  Also, set the PS min to 3.0 rather than 0.0.  I'm sure this will improve the problematic hypopnea and snoring
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,648 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,358 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,360 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,650 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.