Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Software
RE: SleepyHead Software
Most places that sell CPAP machines should be able to also sell you the software. For example, if you go to Supplier #1 in the CPAP Supplier List, select "CPAP Software" and then "Machine Software", it is in the list of products available. I am using Supplier #1 as an example only; I have not purchased from them, so I can neither recommend them nor recommend against them. Other suppliers will undoubtedly also sell the software somewhere on their web site.
I can try to build the Mac version of SleepyHead 0.9.3. Anybody want to buy me a Macbook? ;-)

Actually I'm a bit annoyed at Apple because they made it so that I can't use my wife's older Macbook to build software. I tried to download Xcode, Apple's software development tool, and it said her version of OS X is too old. She would have to upgrade to a newer OS X, which her hardware doesn't support... so it would amount to a new laptop purchase. Ridiculous! Especially for just wanting to build a free, open-source piece of software, NOT a commercial endeavor.

I already built SleepyHead 0.9.3 for Linux and it was free, quick, and simple. That's how building free software should be. There's a picture below of SleepyHead 0.9.3 running in Linux which in turn is running on my Windows desktop (through a virtualization software called VirtualBox).

This problem doesn't exist on Windows either. There are many Windows alternatives to Microsoft's development software (VisualStudio), but even MS themselves give away free editions of it once in a while.

Sigh....

[Image: Desktop.jpg]
(08-02-2013, 03:29 PM)old dude Wrote: And when you talk about Encore Basic, do you mean Encore Viewer?

They are pretty much the same thing. For a while there Respironics made EncoreBasic available as a free download, then it disappeared.

Respironics doesn't seem to want to make software available to us patients. Recently they made an app available but it's crap.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 114 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,201 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 400 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 354 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 614 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,264 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 681 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.