Lanco Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset, Apex XT Fit
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Apex Wizard 210 & Profile Lite, Wizard 220 FFM, Nuance
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8.5-17
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Easy Compliance Software 3.2.1 and Easy Compliance Lite Software 3.4

Sex: Male

Low pressure auto button off question
I'm going to be experimenting with my apap in cpap mode so that if I want or need to use my other cpap only machine that I'll see how it works and feels etc.

However, in the cpap menu there is a LowP that shows up on my screen. I went to the manual and it says this:

"Low Pressure Auto Off (only CPAP mode)
Press "MENU" button to select [LOW P on/off] menu, you can view if the Low Pressure Auto Off setting is enabled and the device will be automatically turned off while detecting a large leak for 3 minutes."

So, I'm thinking if I'm in the middle of deep sleep and I happen to get a large leak after three minutes and it shuts off the machine, what the heck good is that going to do for me?? Seems, I'd be better of to turn that off so if it happened I at least would continue getting some measure of therapy.

Now, I do have another setting for an Alarm. When alarm is turned on, the audible alarm will activate with warning messages showed on the LCD display.

I have tried that and it has sounded a few times. I find that both helpful and annoying depending on how much I want to stay asleep. The few times it has gone off I just adjust my mask and/or mouth and go back to sleep. This morning it was going off and I really would have preferred sleeping right through it.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 12:25 AM by Lanco.)
09-19-2016 12:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Lanco Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset, Apex XT Fit
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Apex Wizard 210 & Profile Lite, Wizard 220 FFM, Nuance
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8.5-17
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Easy Compliance Software 3.2.1 and Easy Compliance Lite Software 3.4

Sex: Male

Grin RE: Low pressure auto button off question
I have figured it out. It's a safety feature for those that take their mask off while sleeping or when someone get's out of bed and leaves the cpap running so it will shut off if they are away for a few minutes. Hey, all I had before was an on/off buttonBig Grin
09-21-2016 04:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [CPAP] Z1 Auto Question BillNYC 1 33 Yesterday 11:01 PM
Last Post: bill-e
  ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure Abnormal86 14 532 11-22-2016 11:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 1,259 11-10-2016 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 Auto Set Pressure duffer54 5 306 11-03-2016 09:06 PM
Last Post: duffer54
Question [Pressure] Dream Station Auto Bi pap configuration of pressure support function dangood_47 6 475 10-27-2016 04:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 858 10-09-2016 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic
  Auto-Trial –delivers CPAP therapy adjusting pressure 30days ICEMAN 8 1,230 09-24-2016 12:34 PM
Last Post: green wings