Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low pressure auto button off question
Low pressure auto button off question
I'm going to be experimenting with my apap in cpap mode so that if I want or need to use my other cpap only machine that I'll see how it works and feels etc.

However, in the cpap menu there is a LowP that shows up on my screen. I went to the manual and it says this:

"Low Pressure Auto Off (only CPAP mode)
Press "MENU" button to select [LOW P on/off] menu, you can view if the Low Pressure Auto Off setting is enabled and the device will be automatically turned off while detecting a large leak for 3 minutes."

So, I'm thinking if I'm in the middle of deep sleep and I happen to get a large leak after three minutes and it shuts off the machine, what the heck good is that going to do for me?? Seems, I'd be better of to turn that off so if it happened I at least would continue getting some measure of therapy.

Now, I do have another setting for an Alarm. When alarm is turned on, the audible alarm will activate with warning messages showed on the LCD display.

I have tried that and it has sounded a few times. I find that both helpful and annoying depending on how much I want to stay asleep. The few times it has gone off I just adjust my mask and/or mouth and go back to sleep. This morning it was going off and I really would have preferred sleeping right through it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
RE: Low pressure auto button off question
I have figured it out. It's a safety feature for those that take their mask off while sleeping or when someone get's out of bed and leaves the cpap running so it will shut off if they are away for a few minutes. Hey, all I had before was an on/off buttonBig Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: "REPLY with Quote" button - Don't use it if you don't have to SuperSleeper 3 13,133 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Pressure Support Question MrIvanDrago 16 1,281 01-02-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,639 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Pressure] Advice needed with question about inhalation pressure Dawna 13 877 10-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.