Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirTouch F20 Cleaning
AirTouch F20 Cleaning
Got started on all this a few weeks back, and so far been going well.  Only problem I have had is a few nights the bottom of one of my masks moved, and ended up in my mouth.  When I awoke, it was like I had been sucking on one of the bottom corners.  This has left the memory foam a bit distorted, as it seems to be filled with my saliva.  I tried just rinsing it with some warm water, and air drying.  It still seems to work, but is a bit nasty.  I have since started using the second mask I was given.  This morning I remember I need to be cleaning this stuff like once a week, which I keep forgetting about until it is time to put it on in the evening. 

From what I have found, you are not to wash this type of mask, as it may damage the memory foam.  Obviously with it saturated with saliva, a quick wipe isn't going to do the trick.  I saw one post of a person using some baby shampoo.  Any other suggestions?  I don't want to damage the memory foam anymore, or disturb the glue that holds it in place.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirTouch F20 Cleaning
Don't use water to clean it.  Use baby wipes that have no alcohol and no scent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hcbrf3,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Since the foam was saturated with saliva, baby wipes wouldn't do the trick.  I ended up trying some laundry soap like Woolite, and gently cleaning with lukewarm water.  After air drying, it is still a bit deformed, but seems a little better.  My main concern was the glue holding it in place, which seems to still be fine.  I haven't tried it yet, as I have another good mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 616 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 173 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,801 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 186 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 426 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.