Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lower 95% pressure higher RERA index. Higher pressure lower RERA index.
RE: Lower 95% pressure higher RERA index. Higher pressure lower RERA index.
If you don't mind, I think these screenshots would be useful in a Wiki on Flow limitations.  Would that be okay?  This shows the benefits of using pressure support or EPR to reduce flow limitation, and how increased pressure really is not a good solution in many cases.  As your therapy progressed, you show a lot of improvement in spite of lower pressure. The benefit of EPR 3 vs EPR 1 in this case is a significant reduction in flow limitation. It's not a full cure, and it's possible even more progress could be realized with bilevel and higher pressure support, but it's pretty impressive.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5606]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5607]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5610]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes - you may use the charts. Thanks for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an existing article in our wiki that I agree with. When I write the Flow Limitations wiki I will also refer to this. Note the author advocates bilevel therapy to help with UARS patients with flow limitation much as I have described in this thread. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._and_BiPAP
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never had problems with UARS but did with flow limitations. Seems like I always had constant limitations throughout the night around the .3 range on the machine flow chart. I always kept my pressure support at or below 3 due to CA's. After reading the above article I decided to break out the VAUTO and try increasing my Pressure Support from 3cm to 5cm. Well the flow limitations just about disappeared and the good news is I didn't have any CA events. It appears that after 10 months my body finally adjusted to a higher pressure support.

So thank you Sleeprider for posting that link!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2018, 12:37 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I never had problems with UARS but did with flow limitations. Seems like I always had constant limitations throughout the night around the .3 range on the machine flow chart. I always kept my pressure support at or below 3 due to CA's. After reading the above article I decided to break out the VAUTO and try increasing my Pressure Support from 3cm to 5cm. Well the flow limitations just about disappeared and the good news is I didn't have any CA events. It appears that after 10 months my body finally adjusted to a higher pressure support.

Okay Mr. Wiki editor Walla; you just volunteered to help write the flow limitation Wiki.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2018, 01:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 12:37 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I never had problems with UARS but did with flow limitations. Seems like I always had constant limitations throughout the night around the .3 range on the machine flow chart. I always kept my pressure support at or below 3 due to CA's. After reading the above article I decided to break out the VAUTO and try increasing my Pressure Support from 3cm to 5cm. Well the flow limitations just about disappeared and the good news is I didn't have any CA events. It appears that after 10 months my body finally adjusted to a higher pressure support.

Okay Mr. Wiki editor Walla; you just volunteered to help write the flow limitation Wiki.

I can do that. Copy the above and paste.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Feel free to use anything useful from the Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead, and be sure to link the existing article. I think your personal experience is a worthy addition.  I'll co-author, but I'm running up against a big honey-do list.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I started a draft of the Flow Limitation Wiki here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Limitation

It would be great if other editors could add to this and Walla, you have personal experience that should be helpful to others, and maybe some more images.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 113 1 hour ago
Last Post: Daveman
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,850 2 hours ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 57 Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 995 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 275 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
  Pressure >20? DakotaNorth 3 98 03-22-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.