Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lowering AHI on DreamStation
Cool 
Hi there, I am on Dream Station DSX500T11C for almost 5 months now. Attached is the latest screenshot from SleepyHead software. Please let me know any settings changes that I need to make to get my AHI even lower. I feel fine, just want to get AHI as low as possible.

Thanks
SleepKnight

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepknight! - Welcome
You have your CPAP set wide open. That is usually good for initial observations.  You might do a little better by setting the minimum pressure to 10.8cm and the upper pressure to 14.8cm.  The lower should start you in the your treatment range and the upper will allow for any stubborn OA's.  

Whatever you decide, allow a few days to adapt to the new modifications.

Good luck!
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson. Will try your recommended settings tonight and see how it goes for few days.
I will update in a day or two with the new results.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Wink 
yay - you got yourself a new thread.

as I mentioned by pm, you definitely want to start your therapy at no less than 8 cm.  you'll probably be pressing up from there, since most of the night was above 10.5 cm.

good luck.

-QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did the changes as recommended by Crimson and QAL. Here is the link for screenshot: "http://i.imgur.com/aQe4Ipe.png" Even though my AHI has improved I feel good same as before when it was around 5+. Is there anything else that you guys recommend or this is the best settings I can get to. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Well-done  Looking good!  You may be experiencing a disturbance by pressure changes. If you still feel tired after a few days, you might try a straight pressure.  Well-done
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

Setting look good to me too. I do better without the PR, so I second to try it without the PR after several days. But first give it a while to settle in. Treating SA is a marathon not a sprint.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend you back off on minimum pressure to 9.0 . In your original settings that started at 4.0, the pressure over-shot your needs quite a bit. A minimum of 9.0 should give you back the benefits of the auto cpap, and still be high enough to prevent most events. For comfort, I suggest you try Cflex or Aflex at a setting of 1 or 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
holding where you are is AOK. I really like that you are not registering any snoring. You really knocked it out.

it is also certainly ok to check out those intermediate pressures (like SR suggests). I would wait at least a few days before investigating that.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-07-2017, 09:53 AM)sleepknight Wrote: I did the changes as recommended by Crimson and QAL. Here is the link for screenshot: "http://i.imgur.com/aQe4Ipe.png" Even though my AHI has improved I feel good same as before when it was around 5+. Is there anything else that you guys recommend or this is the best settings I can get to. Thanks
How many nights have you used the new settings?

While a few people can feel substantially better within one or two days of making a necessary change to the therapy settings, for many of us it takes a few days to a week or so of sleeping with the new settings before we can really tell whether they're doing us any good.

My advice:

1) Pick whichever Flex setting is most comfortable---and that includes testing Off as well as 1, 2, and 3.

2) IF aerophagia is NOT an issue and you had no trouble at all falling asleep with a min pressure of 11cm, then leave the min pressure at 11cm. On the other hand IF you have had problems with aerophagia OR if falling asleep was more problematic at 11cm than it had been when the machine was set to 4-20, then back off to a min pressure of 9cm and see if that addresses the aerophagia/get to sleep problems.

3) LEAVE the settings alone for a week or so and keep a simple sleep log to determine whether you are starting to feel better or not. And by "feel better" I mean both when you wake up in the morning AND throughout the day. All the sleep log needs to contain is this:
  • Bedtime
  • Wake time---when you get out of bed in the morning
  • Estimated time it took to get to sleep. Just guess on this---accuracy is not all that important; what is important is your impression of whether you are consistently getting to sleep quickly enough to not get frustrated.
  • Estimated number of nighttime wakes---IF you feel like you are waking up a lot. If you don't remember any wakes, then ignore this. If you are waking up a lot, the point is NOT to accurately track when the wakes occur or accurately track how long it took you to get back to sleep. The point is to track what you remember about wakes when you are NOT consciously trying to focus on them during the nighttime
  • A simple rating scale for how good you feel in the morning. 0 = awful, 5 = great is sufficient.
  • A simple rating scale for how good you feel during the day. 0 = awful, 5 = plenty of energy.
Questions about SleepyHead?
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connect to DreamStation over Wifi? JRoque 7 198 1 hour ago
Last Post: C0mbe
  About to order a Dreamstation Go DanPrado 54 6,402 Yesterday, 05:24 PM
Last Post: tjb1013
  Dreamstation Mask Settings. JohnnyRotten 6 176 08-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Last Post: tomkatt
  [split] Masks with DreamStation Go levman 4 176 08-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Last Post: levman
  dreamstation humidifier and hose leak jacob.fullmer 3 212 08-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [Equipment] Dreamstation GO DC input? OMyMyOHellYes 2 162 08-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Flying / Travelling with a Dreamstation SleepyOzzy 5 325 08-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SleepyOzzy