Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lowering AHI on DreamStation
Cool 
Lowering AHI on DreamStation
Hi there, I am on Dream Station DSX500T11C for almost 5 months now. Attached is the latest screenshot from SleepyHead software. Please let me know any settings changes that I need to make to get my AHI even lower. I feel fine, just want to get AHI as low as possible.

Thanks
SleepKnight

[attachment=3436]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Hi sleepknight! - Welcome
You have your CPAP set wide open. That is usually good for initial observations.  You might do a little better by setting the minimum pressure to 10.8cm and the upper pressure to 14.8cm.  The lower should start you in the your treatment range and the upper will allow for any stubborn OA's.  

Whatever you decide, allow a few days to adapt to the new modifications.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Thanks Crimson. Will try your recommended settings tonight and see how it goes for few days.
I will update in a day or two with the new results.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
New SLEEPKNIGHT post - soon.
yay - you got yourself a new thread.

as I mentioned by pm, you definitely want to start your therapy at no less than 8 cm.  you'll probably be pressing up from there, since most of the night was above 10.5 cm.

good luck.

-QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lowering AHI on DreamStation
I did the changes as recommended by Crimson and QAL. Here is the link for screenshot: "http://i.imgur.com/aQe4Ipe.png" Even though my AHI has improved I feel good same as before when it was around 5+. Is there anything else that you guys recommend or this is the best settings I can get to. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Well-done  Looking good!  You may be experiencing a disturbance by pressure changes. If you still feel tired after a few days, you might try a straight pressure.  Well-done
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Setting look good to me too. I do better without the PR, so I second to try it without the PR after several days. But first give it a while to settle in. Treating SA is a marathon not a sprint.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend you back off on minimum pressure to 9.0 . In your original settings that started at 4.0, the pressure over-shot your needs quite a bit. A minimum of 9.0 should give you back the benefits of the auto cpap, and still be high enough to prevent most events. For comfort, I suggest you try Cflex or Aflex at a setting of 1 or 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
holding where you are is AOK. I really like that you are not registering any snoring. You really knocked it out.

it is also certainly ok to check out those intermediate pressures (like SR suggests). I would wait at least a few days before investigating that.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2017, 09:53 AM)sleepknight Wrote: I did the changes as recommended by Crimson and QAL. Here is the link for screenshot: "http://i.imgur.com/aQe4Ipe.png" Even though my AHI has improved I feel good same as before when it was around 5+. Is there anything else that you guys recommend or this is the best settings I can get to. Thanks
How many nights have you used the new settings?

While a few people can feel substantially better within one or two days of making a necessary change to the therapy settings, for many of us it takes a few days to a week or so of sleeping with the new settings before we can really tell whether they're doing us any good.

My advice:

1) Pick whichever Flex setting is most comfortable---and that includes testing Off as well as 1, 2, and 3.

2) IF aerophagia is NOT an issue and you had no trouble at all falling asleep with a min pressure of 11cm, then leave the min pressure at 11cm. On the other hand IF you have had problems with aerophagia OR if falling asleep was more problematic at 11cm than it had been when the machine was set to 4-20, then back off to a min pressure of 9cm and see if that addresses the aerophagia/get to sleep problems.

3) LEAVE the settings alone for a week or so and keep a simple sleep log to determine whether you are starting to feel better or not. And by "feel better" I mean both when you wake up in the morning AND throughout the day. All the sleep log needs to contain is this:
  • Bedtime
  • Wake time---when you get out of bed in the morning
  • Estimated time it took to get to sleep. Just guess on this---accuracy is not all that important; what is important is your impression of whether you are consistently getting to sleep quickly enough to not get frustrated.
  • Estimated number of nighttime wakes---IF you feel like you are waking up a lot. If you don't remember any wakes, then ignore this. If you are waking up a lot, the point is NOT to accurately track when the wakes occur or accurately track how long it took you to get back to sleep. The point is to track what you remember about wakes when you are NOT consciously trying to focus on them during the nighttime
  • A simple rating scale for how good you feel in the morning. 0 = awful, 5 = great is sufficient.
  • A simple rating scale for how good you feel during the day. 0 = awful, 5 = plenty of energy.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 396 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help lowering my AHI DigitalMan43 19 1,299 03-02-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for help with lowering my AHI JackNY07 19 1,860 12-14-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [Treatment] Help with lowering AHI, better sleep michael3 2 426 12-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: michael3
  [Pressure] Air curve 10 lowering pressure to sleep first test Emtvalenti 0 383 05-19-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  Sudden RLS upon lowering EPR A KLERK 0 430 05-09-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: A KLERK
  Lowering AHI - Analyzing OSCAR Data getzall 8 799 02-28-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: getzall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.