Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Luna II vs Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset
Question 
Luna II vs Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset
Good morning all!

I just received a new machine. I was told I was getting the Resmed Autosense 10 Auto (which I asked for), but what arrived is a Luna II. Any input anyone? I'm on Medicare if that matters in the least.

Is this a comparable machine? Should I happily accept it, or...?                  Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Luna II vs Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset
The Luna II is -- essentially -- a knockoff that looks different and probably works different. It's SD card data is not compatible with OSCAR, so optimising your therapy will be more difficult that with the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset.

There have been very few sold in North America. I suspect it is only the shortage created by the Philips recall that has given them an opening.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Luna II vs Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset
(09-02-2021, 12:09 PM)pholynyk Wrote: The Luna II is -- essentially -- a knockoff that looks different and probably works different. It's SD card data is not compatible with OSCAR, so optimising your therapy will be more difficult that with the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset.

There have been very few sold in North America. I suspect it is only the shortage created by the Philips recall that has given them an opening.

Thank you! That was my suspicion as well. My pulmonologist is not super happy about it, but this is what I get because of the shortage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any personal experiences with BMC Luna GII 2.4 Auto Machine Yuley 6 5,311 Today, 06:01 AM
Last Post: suncho
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,588 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 92 04-18-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 113 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 153 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 153 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 222 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.