Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lung discomfort
Lung discomfort
I have been using a CPAP machine for the past year. Each morning when I wake up my lungs feel uncomfortable, like they have been "over pressurized" (that's my word). The feeling is gone in 10-15 minutes and is rather mild.
Anybody else have this kind of reaction?

Cheers, Vegaspier
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lung discomfort
Hi VegasPier
I've not experienced lung discomfort, sometimes newbies report such discomfort but you have been using the machine for a while
Good idea to report it to your doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll second that motion. As stated above, some newbies complain of this, but it usually goes away rather quickly (weeks, not months), and as you've been on your PAP for bout a year, it may be something to mention.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi VegasPier. It might be that your pressure need has changed. I agree you should check in with a doctor and possibly get titrated again. I don't have to see a sleep doctor for another year as a followup. They did tell me to be sure to let them know if my weight changes significantly in the meantime up or down as pressure needs can change.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lung Cancer and my ResMed AirCurve 10 ApneaGirl 2 274 01-30-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ApneaGirl
  Not new to CPAP, minus one lung Tyler NZ 4 388 01-20-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Tyler NZ
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 410 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 999 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  When UARS Is Lung Disease? Lung experts? Apnea23 25 1,759 07-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Apnea23
  Waking up, discomfort komoli 0 495 04-01-2022, 02:31 PM
Last Post: komoli
  Chest/Lung Restriction - Impact on CPAP use? pkersey 65 6,410 03-13-2022, 10:13 PM
Last Post: pkersey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.