Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MASK LEAVING BLISTERS ON FOREHEAD
Question 
MASK LEAVING BLISTERS ON FOREHEAD
HI NEED HELP KNOWING ABOUT WHY BLISTERS ARE FORMING ON FOREHEAD AND WONT GO AWAY IS IT BECAUSE MASK IS TO TIGHT I USE A RESMED QUATTRA FULL FACE BUT IF I DONT HAVE THE UNIT TIGHT AND WITH MY PRESSURE IS SO HIGH AIR BLOWS OUT AND MY WIFE SAYS NOISE IS WORSE THAN MY SNORING.ANY SOLUTIONS WOULD BE GREAT
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MASK LEAVING BLISTERS ON FOREHEAD
Hi BIGBUCK, Welcome to Apnea Board
Make your own forehead liner from any piece of cotton material to place between your forehead and mask forehead dial
also you check on-line - RemZzzs - Pad A Cheek
Post Reply Post Reply
Bigbuck.. I use the Quattro frequently and find no issues with the top forhead piece. Your wording of "blisters" , brings to my mind that a lot of movement is going on. Perhaps an allergy condition is evident. As suggested , maybe some type of material could be placed to avoid this condition. That forehead piece is mostly for stability and not necessary to have very tight. The "reostat" knob on top is for tightning or loosing. Its a balancing act between the bottom strap that runs around you neck and the "reostat" knob that secures the mask to your face. But don;t tighten too tight. You'll have red marks that last all day and possibly some edema under your eyes.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
You may try a full face mask without the forehead dial such as Mirage Liberty or Quattro FX
http://www.resmed.com/au/products/mirage...c=patients

http://www.resmed.com/au/products/quattr...c=patients
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BIGBUCK, First of all, Welcome! to the forum.! It sounds like you might have your mask too tight but I understand why you have to have it tight because of the high pressure at which your machine is set.. I would use something soft to line the place where you are getting blisters, such as an old teashirt thatis slated for the ragbag, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha,) cut off a small piece of that as a liner. If that doesn't work, you might go back to your Dr. and let him/her know about this problem, maybe a switch in masks is in order. Don't be shy about telling your Dr. when something isn't working right for you. Best of luck to youon this and don't give up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 455 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Forehead headache and brainfogging even after A-CPAP jsa0609 2 671 11-13-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,532 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] AirFit P10 clip leaving marks deputypork 2 507 02-16-2023, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Leaving a battery plugged in vladesch 1 752 01-28-2023, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  blood blisters mouth Jenn84 2 969 12-21-2022, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Jenn84
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,219 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.