Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Event City
Event City
What do you think is going on here? My leaks were great 95% number was 7.20. AHI 5.0. Only thing different was I am using an anti-leak strap.

Good thing I am on CPAP... Hope this is not a new trend.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Event City
I did have 3 brownies before 8. Bet that is it....
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it does look like Midnight was not your finest hour. Then again, maybe it was....... What was in the brownies?

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day readyforsleep. Looks like you have a bad time for a while. Although your 95% leak was good, what does the leak graph show for the period with all the apneas? You may have had a large transient leak which got things messed up. Other than that, did you (or your bed partner) notice anything unusual about that period - change of posture, coughing, anything out of the ordinary?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2014, 08:59 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day readyforsleep. Looks like you have a bad time for a while. Although your 95% leak was good, what does the leak graph show for the period with all the apneas? You may have had a large transient leak which got things messed up. Other than that, did you (or your bed partner) notice anything unusual about that period - change of posture, coughing, anything out of the ordinary?

My leaks were very active between 11:30 and 12:00. Don't remember anything unusual.

Now Last night was a new story. Low AHI, 10 events and lots of leaks. I wound up with my mouth outside the mask - that I remember... What's a girl to do? Every night is an adventure.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Sleepy girl, it does sound like the problem is in the mask. You may really want to consider going to a pillows mask, or at least to a nasal mask. Yeah, yeah, I know: You're a "mouth breather." Just like me and many others around here. But I discovered that I could use the P10 pillows mask along with a chinstrap and have it work very well. I still keep my ffm around in case I get a bad cold or something, but I'm loving not having to fight the leaks all the time. I'm also loving not having a dry mouth when using the ffm because I breath through my mouth. I still keep a jug of water with a straw handy at night just as I have forever, but I never use it. I just sleep. Except for maybe once during the night when I have to get up and scare the miserable cats on my way to the bathroom.

Think about trying a different type of mask. And remember, whichever mask you choose, it takes it a few days to figure you out so don't just try it, discard it, and go back to something else. That's so shallow.................

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 74 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 451 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 358 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 483 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  What is a 'Clear Airway' Event? dreamstream 13 16,870 08-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: nallac
  Cheyene Stokes event - first ever in 120 nights Willgetthere 2 525 08-27-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Willgetthere
  [Diagnosis] Is this indicative of most events happening during REM? | What is a respiratory event Dire 4 573 08-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Dire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.