Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure increase
Pressure increase
Why did my machine increase pressure at 22:15?  The increase caused a leak that woke me up, but I don't see an event that would have triggered the pressure increase.  Is the machine able to detect something that I am not seeing in the data?  I'm a little irritated that it woke me up for no apparent reason. 

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure increase
That's hard to tell from your chart. It could have been due to Flow Limitations which will raise pressure, which some people are sensitive to pressure swings.

The next time you post a chart, get rid of the calendar and pie chart, so that the rest of the data will show up.
Graphs we like to see are Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitations and leak rate.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Revised charts attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears leak rate and flow limit were on the increase before the time you indicate you had an issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
misterp,
Look at the Flow Limit graph, you can see it lines up with the pressure increase... along with the leak at the same timing which probably woke you up.

Be sure to always add the left side bar (minus pie chart and calendar) along with the graphs.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because the flow limitations appear to be somewhat clustered, I'm curious whether you think they might be correlated with your sleep position, either sleeping on your back or tucking your chin toward your chest (whether on your back or on your side).
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are excellent, you asked about numbers.
Here is the million dollar question asked by the Vulcan Science Academy, "How do you feel?"
Does the pressure change bother you?
We can limit it boy lowering max pressure, or
Get. BiLevel such as the VAuto with it's him capability of higher PS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 101 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,584 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 232 03-29-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Daveman
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 215 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 474 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 432 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,367 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.