Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER
RE: MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER
(08-08-2016, 09:00 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Interestingly enough, my DME (Apria) started asking me compliance questions each and every time I ordered supplies. It appears that continuing compliance is a required by Medicare and you need to say you do not have any extra supplies on hand, and say your mask is losing its grip, etc. to justify the resupply. I am not sure that this is a "wink-wink, nod-nod" requirement or someone really does look at the MyAir data.

There have been many complaints about Apria and this is probably a requirement by Medicare if they want to continue being a preferred provider. Lincare doesn't ask me any of those questions for myself or my bro, but we also don't order supplies every month other than filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME asks the same series of questions every month.
How many hours do you sleep?
When did you last see your doctor?

When I tried to order a new water chamber, I was "prompted" to answer that the seal was deteriorating.

When I order nasal pillows, I am "prompted" to answer that I have none left and the one I'm using is soft.

It's all nonsense, but I play their silly game if I want something.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2016, 12:31 AM)OldCoot Wrote: My med supplier told me that this data is used by Medicare and insurance co.'s to be sure you're in compliance. The 4 hr nightly minimum is the important factor to get coverage.

Our compliance thing is slightly different from yours, the 4hr. minimum usage is required in order to get your driving licence back, confirming you are receiving suitable treatment.

I pointed out to the dipstick (a derisory term we use here) that most nights I woke before my four hour minimum, the reply was, "lie there with your mask on, keep an eye on the clock, then when when your 4 hours are up take it off".
This just confirmed for me how much bulldirt, a silly game as OR said, the whole performance has been.Dielaughing

I have reapplied for my driving licence, 4 weeks so far, and I am in the process of writing a letter to my hospital complaining about their abysmal service,it will do me little good but might reduce the stress levels.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2016, 09:50 AM)Phill Wrote: I am in the process of writing a letter to my hospital complaining about their abysmal service,it will do me little good but might reduce the stress levels.

Are you sure you're not being affected by ObamaCare? Dont-know

Yeah, Yeah, I know you're in another country... but... Oh well..I won't go there...

Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME has never asked me about compliance. I think they feel that it is up to me and my doctor. I see my sleep doc/ENT every 6 months and give him the first page recap printout from SH. He is very happy with it. When I see my other docs, I also bring a copy of the first page with me so they can have it in there records.

I get an email once a quarter from my DME asking if I need supplies and what supplies are eligible. All I need to do is reply with a yes and they will send me the proper kit as they call it. I asked once about ordering only what I absolutely needed, and they basically told me the it was cheaper with the kit than the individual items. I get an email saying the stuff has been shipped and I usually get it within a day or two.

Like several folks say, it is a game and the rules are constantly changing.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 8 890 Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 35 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,739 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,318 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 209 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 18 658 03-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.