Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MYAIR app
Grin 
MYAIR app
I decided to take my sd card out and experiment with different masks and how tight to get them ect. I figured taking out the sd card would ensure it wouldn’t mess with MYAIR app data.  I was wrong. 
  My app said i took my mask off 6 times. This isn’t a big deal to most probably but it bugged me. Competitive side of me striving for 100’s daily. 
 So I thought I’d share in case someone else wanted to know your machine doesn’t need the sd card to report to MYAIR app.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MYAIR app
Were you using the Mask Fit feature? MyAir is sort of useless with their scoring. Try to ignore it.

Also, MyAir does not use the SD card, you use it for OSCAR or ResScan.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2020, 06:05 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Were you using the Mask Fit feature?  MyAir is sort of useless with their scoring.  Try to ignore it.  

Also, MyAir does not use the SD card, you use it for OSCAR or ResScan.

Yeah I was running the fit mask feature but then would click the machine on to see how it felt at normal pressure.  
 I found out the hard way MYAIR doesn’t need the sd card. Like I said.  I am competitive.  Hard to ignore a 94 when it should have been 100.  I am working on not taking it so serious.  It’s all new to me so I’ll ease up.  Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir is intended for morons that don't have any clue about therapy other than the score. While you are compulsive about improvement, this is not the software for you. Please delete it and never go back. Therapy is not a competition, and MyAir scores fail to track important metrics. We don't use it here. Please recognize you have a problem with the software and let it go. It makes no difference to your health, your doctors, Resmed, or us. I have seen people let an Apple watch run their lives because it failed to record an exercise or enough stands. You know your therapy is good. Why would you let a dumb program, intended to incentivize compliance, tell you otherwise.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2020, 06:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: MyAir is intended for morons that don't have any clue about therapy other than the score.  While you are compulsive about improvement, this is not the software for you.  Please delete it and never go back. Therapy is not a competition, and MyAir scores fail to track important metrics.  We don't use it here.  Please recognize you have a problem with the software and let it go.  It makes no difference to your health, your doctors, Resmed, or us.  I have seen people let an Apple watch run their lives because it failed to record an exercise or enough stands.  You know your therapy is good. Why would you let a dumb program, intended to incentivize compliance, tell you otherwise.
It’s just an app.  I know it’s junk. But it does motivate some people to improve scores. For me that means eating right.  Talking a walk.  Mowing the lawn.  Not eating a few hours before bedtime.   I understand what your saying. My goal is to be able to read Oscar data as good as you do. If that’s possible.  I find the whole sleep thing fascinating.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s all perspective. Try getting involved in other threads and take a shot at using the data to help others. It will take on a whole new meaning for you. We are not always certain, and the data can give us conflicting suggestions on the best path forward. Focusing what you have learned to help others can give you a very different outlook on how you use the data on yourself. Mostly you would never be critical about someone else’s data or therapy or look at it in a negative way like you seem to do to yourself. Every problem is an opportunity to improve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2020, 07:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It’s all perspective. Try getting involved in other threads and take a shot at using the data to help others. It will take on a whole new meaning for you. We are not always certain, and the data can give us conflicting suggestions on the best path forward.  Focusing what you have learned to help others can give you a very different outlook on how you use the data on yourself. Mostly you would never be critical about someone else’s data or therapy or look at it in a negative way like you seem to do to yourself.  Every problem is an opportunity to improve.
I would love to help other people like you do and I can see myself doing that eventually.  I’d like to learn more. I don’t wanna steer anyone wrong.  
 I am pretty negative about myself. That’s in every aspect of my life.  I am trying to improve.  Thank you for the insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just relate your experience and stay positive. We are here to back you up if you are trying to help. Very few of us have achieved the results you consistently get, and you deserve credit for getting those kinds of results. Don't sell yourself short. We are only the tour guides. You had to take the trip.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW take it from a person that used to be very negative on all things, you can change the perspective. It does take work. It's going to sound a bit odd, but look at life's aspects as a radio. There's certain stations that play music or news/talk that you like and make you feel positive. Tune in to those things and do not tune in to negative. Do not take on battles that do not influence you or create negative views or feelings. There's enough battles in life that we cannot choose not to take on, so the optional ones that you don't need to take on are the ones to ignore.

On becoming positive, find the good things in everything. Look up, literally. When you look down, you're likely to run into something. And it's like when riding a bike, where you look is where you go. So don't look where you don't want to go.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 184 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 159 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 660 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn
  MyAir App? Quarky68 1 941 06-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir Recording Mask Off Events a.paul 2 953 05-15-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: a.paul
  MyAir - download .cs . to creat spreadsheet. Expat31 11 2,058 02-13-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP
Question OSCAR Showing Different Usage Hours than MyAir BunHead 2 825 01-22-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: BunHead

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.