Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mac, Parallels, Windows 10 and ResScan 6
Mac, Parallels, Windows 10 and ResScan 6
I have installed the latest version of ResScan 6 in a Win 10 virtual machine running in Parallels on a Mac Air running the latest version of MacOS Catalina.

The installation ran successfully.

However, ResScan does not use the user name and password from the MacOS or any other combinations.

Has anyone else tried this kind of installation and succeeded?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mac, Parallels, Windows 10 and ResScan 6
If you use version 5.9, there isn't a password requirement.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan is a Windows only app and uses your Windows login username/password, not your Mac's.  I'm not sure what ResScan does if you have no Windows login password set.  The version of ResScan I have is 6.0.2.13 and shows my Windows login username and asks for the password when I start the app, but I also have a login password set in Win10.  
If you're using one of the older versions of ResScan it does not ask for username/password.

I run my Win10 using VMware Fusion, but Parallels should be the same.

BTW- OSCAR is much better than ResScan IMHO. Might be worth giving it a try...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice. All I had to do was set the Win 10 password and ResScan 6 login worked.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 255 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,522 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 259 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,555 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 490 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 664 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 360 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.