Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mac SleepyHead crashing?
Hi all - new user to this board - been on CPAP for about 12 years and used to use SleepyHead software quite a bit (am a member over at [[ Auto Word Filter: links to DME-owned sites not allowed ]] .com) - although I haven't used it in a while. I'm trying out a new mask this week, so I downloaded the latest Mac SleepyHead software thinking I could pull my data off my machines sim card like I had done in the past, but now when I launch the SleepyHead software all seems well - it asks me to pick a user, then choose the data folder - but when I make the data folder selection it seems to spin out and I have to force quit it eventually. I tried making a new user profile (no change) and I tried selecting different levels of the folders on my card (no change). What else can I try?

SleepyHead software reports itself as v1.0.0-beta-2

- thanks up front - Roger
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rogerconnelly! - Welcome

What number is your old version? When you installed 1.0 did you get a message to update its database?
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Possible answer to my own question - looks like my user account seems to have been written to the SIM card (at some point) rather than my local hard drive - that seems bad per other support postings here - can anyone confirm? I'll try to correct in the meantime.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks Crimson Nape - I don't recall what version the older software was (it's gone as I let it be "replaced" by the new version when I dropped it on my Applications folder) - but yes, the new 1.0 version did try to do a data base update - I believe that is where it hung the first time. Any suggestions for me around that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I think my suspicion about user folders being on local hard drives was the crasher. I just created a new user folder locally and now I can import from my SD card. Thanks for the reply anyway - it's great to be able to get help on these forums :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't start using SH until version 0.9.8.1-Testing, the version prior to the current 1.0.2-Beta.  The older version installed its data in a folder named, SleepyHeadData-Testing.  If all else fails you can probably copy your older raw data to a new directory and import it from there.  The archived data is stored in a directory something like this: D:\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\CPAP_User_Name\ResMed_9999999xxxx\Backup\DATALOG\The_Year_It_Was_Recorded.  The reason I recommend copying to another folder is so you can merge multiple years if you wish. Also, go to the Help->About SleepyHead and look at the 4th line down. It should show the directory to where it's storing your new data.  I recommend that it be different than your older version's location.  That way you're starting from a clean slate (er-r-r-r  directory).

Let's see what happens.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleepyhead crashing Mac OSX Vair1965 4 143 08-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead is crashing KenH 8 411 07-18-2017, 02:18 PM
Last Post: essar
  Sleepyhead crashing - solution! Maybe kowlooner 2 242 12-18-2016, 12:53 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  SleepyHead Keeps Crashing okrobie 6 1,321 11-20-2015, 01:27 PM