Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mac SleepyHead crashing?
Mac SleepyHead crashing?
Hi all - new user to this board - been on CPAP for about 12 years and used to use SleepyHead software quite a bit - although I haven't used it in a while. I'm trying out a new mask this week, so I downloaded the latest Mac SleepyHead software thinking I could pull my data off my machines sim card like I had done in the past, but now when I launch the SleepyHead software all seems well - it asks me to pick a user, then choose the data folder - but when I make the data folder selection it seems to spin out and I have to force quit it eventually. I tried making a new user profile (no change) and I tried selecting different levels of the folders on my card (no change). What else can I try?

SleepyHead software reports itself as v1.0.0-beta-2

- thanks up front - Roger
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mac SleepyHead crashing?
Hi rogerconnelly! - Welcome

What number is your old version? When you installed 1.0 did you get a message to update its database?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Possible answer to my own question - looks like my user account seems to have been written to the SIM card (at some point) rather than my local hard drive - that seems bad per other support postings here - can anyone confirm? I'll try to correct in the meantime.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape - I don't recall what version the older software was (it's gone as I let it be "replaced" by the new version when I dropped it on my Applications folder) - but yes, the new 1.0 version did try to do a data base update - I believe that is where it hung the first time. Any suggestions for me around that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I think my suspicion about user folders being on local hard drives was the crasher. I just created a new user folder locally and now I can import from my SD card. Thanks for the reply anyway - it's great to be able to get help on these forums :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't start using SH until version 0.9.8.1-Testing, the version prior to the current 1.0.2-Beta.  The older version installed its data in a folder named, SleepyHeadData-Testing.  If all else fails you can probably copy your older raw data to a new directory and import it from there.  The archived data is stored in a directory something like this: D:\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\CPAP_User_Name\ResMed_9999999xxxx\Backup\DATALOG\The_Year_It_Was_Recorded.  The reason I recommend copying to another folder is so you can merge multiple years if you wish. Also, go to the Help->About SleepyHead and look at the 4th line down. It should show the directory to where it's storing your new data.  I recommend that it be different than your older version's location.  That way you're starting from a clean slate (er-r-r-r  directory).

Let's see what happens.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR crashing during import for resvent ibreeze bubbagump 17 1,692 10-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: bubbagump
  [split] OSCAR crashing on Mac M1 Geynshlofn 2 610 03-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Geynshlofn
  OSCAR crashing? KSMatthew 1 430 12-13-2022, 07:00 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Exclaimation OSCAR appears crashing on start B1Sailor 12 942 09-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3] BruQu 4 672 06-26-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pc crashing since Oscar installed Made 2 580 03-14-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: ElusiveRisk
  Oscar crashing when importong from oxymeter J Francois 10 1,079 02-28-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.