Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR & WiFi
OSCAR & WiFi
Being the owner of Dreamstation that has Wi-Fi capabilities I was using their Dreammapper Android app to sync data. I soon realised the app's limitations and was about to develop my own solution using the files on the Dreamstation SD-card when I came across and installed SleepyHead only to discover later that it had been resurrected and renamed OSCAR with some tweaks and improvements. After reviewing the solution it was not necessary to re invent the wheel as the software was near perfect and did everything I would have added and more. Both software worked fist time with my SD-card data which was a pleasant surprise.
I'd like to suggest a new feature and after failing to find such a section on this forum I'm posting it here.
Would it be possible to add the facility to download the device's data via Wi-Fi similar to how Dreammapper does it which would alleviate having to remove the SD-card from the device, take it to the computer, extract the data, take the card back to the bedroom and re-install in device, each time?
Obviously you would leave the SD-card option for those devices that do not have Wi-Fi.
Any chance Wi-Fi transfer could be added? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR & WiFi
Toob, welcome to the Apnea Board. The Oscar Development Team and beta testers use an independent part of this forum to develop and test the software, that is only visible when you become a member of that group. If you have an interest in helping to develop the software, adding features and functionality for more machines, you may want to join the group. As you note, DreamMapper does not have the rich detail of data that is available from the SD card. Members have used the FlashAir SD Cards to wirelessly transmit data from the machine to computers with the Oscar software installed. Your question has been extensively discussed in this long thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...wirelessly

Start with that thread, and I think adding any question you have to that will give you an audience already tuned into these issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be wrong here, but I think the Dreamstation comes with "Bluetooth" capabilities which transmit the machine data to the app on your phone.
OSCAR does not yet have any Bluetooth capabilities.

Using WiFi is possible with a special WiFi enabled SD card as mentioned by Sleeprider in the previous post.

If you have some developer skills, they are always looking for volunteers to help with OSCAR.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct, my error, not Wi-Fi but Bluetooth, so I guess it's the same question. Can Bluetooth data receiving capabilities be added to OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2020, 10:26 AM)Toob Wrote: Being the owner of Dreamstation that has Wi-Fi capabilities I was using their Dreammapper Android app to sync data. I soon realised the app's limitations and was about to develop my own solution using the files on the Dreamstation SD-card when I came across and installed SleepyHead only to discover later that it had been resurrected and renamed OSCAR with some tweaks and improvements. After reviewing the solution it was not necessary to re invent the wheel as the software was near perfect and did everything I would have added and more. Both software worked fist time with my SD-card data which was a pleasant surprise.
I'd like to suggest a new feature and after failing to find such a section on this forum I'm posting it here.
Would it be possible to add the facility to download the device's data via Wi-Fi similar to how Dreammapper does it which would alleviate having to remove the SD-card from the device, take it to the computer, extract the data, take the card back to the bedroom and re-install in device, each time?
Obviously you would leave the SD-card option for those devices that do not have Wi-Fi.
Any chance Wi-Fi transfer could be added? Thinking-about

Correction, when I mentioned Wi-Fi I meant Dreamstation's built in Bluetooth.
So the ability to utilise the Dreamstation's built in Bluetooth to transmit data to OSCAR rather than removing the SD-Card or having to purchase a wifi card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some day we'd like to add support for this, especially since I imagine eventually they'll do away with the SD Card.

But there's a lot of work that needs to happen before we can do that.

The next likely step in that direction will be if/when we can download data from Bluetooth oximeters. I'm not sure exactly when we'll achieve that -- first we need reliable USB downloads! That's what I'll be focusing on next after real life gets a little less hectic.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered a W-04 16GB FlashAir Card at Amazon and got it for €84,58. Happy I did not get an extra customs fee...
Here is the Japanese invoice:
[attachment=28955]

The card is brand new and works far better than the W-03!
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I see the seller only claimed it as 19.99 Euros.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
That's why no import duty Smile
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,885 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,236 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 639 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,251 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,922 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 832 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Wifi SD sync wils98 1 1,037 02-12-2023, 03:03 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.