Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mac user. Now what?
RE: Mac user. Now what?
Yes. I did.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest sliding the little tab on the SD card to the read only position before inserting it into your MAC. MAC OS has a tendency to write hidden files to 'remote devices'. I'm not sure if those hidden files might effect the CPAP writing data to the card.

And don't forget to slide the 'tab' up (into write position) before putting it back into your CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mike.
I tried both ways and for the same response. When I go to the import date from SD card and click on that, the pop up shows data being downloaded. And it’s asks what folder to put it in. I try to open it to put it on a folder and nothing. No clickable icon at all. In other words grey. Also on top of the boxes, there is a notice: download the data. Well. I’m trying to. Ha. I think not having ever used a PC, I am not used to trying to interpret the lingo. Macs are so user friendly, until they are not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2021, 11:55 AM)kbingel Wrote: Yes. I did.

Ok.  First, I just noticed by your profile your machine is a Dreamstation.  Very important: Is it the original Dreamstation (the one that's been recalled) or the brand new Dreamstation 2?  If it is the Dreamstation2, then, sadly, it's not supported by OSCAR yet which may explain the problem you are having.  There is a challenge in how that CPAP stores it's data on the card that is delaying support for it, but they are working on it!

If it's the original Dreamstation, it works fine with OSCAR so proceed:

First, note that this machine has been recalled due to serious health risk.  But that's up to you if you want to continue with it...

Next Step: Double click on that Icon to open it.  There should be folder probably says P-Series. Double click to open that too.  You should see a numbered folder. Double click on it to open it.  Find a folder that starts with P that has the latest date.  Just make sure there are some files there and you don't have issues reading the card.

If you see some files there, close those finder windows, start OSCAR and try to import.  Explain what you click on and what pops up.  Do you just get the "Please insert your CPAP data card..." message box and a little gray bar scrolling across?  What happens next?  Any other windows pop up?
Post Reply Post Reply
The good news is:  this morning I put in my SD card. Opened Oscar and it worked. I have NO idea how or why just thrilled that it did. Now to start learning how to analyse
This data. It’s overwhelming. For the looks of it, I might die on my sleep. No. Just kidding but seriously. It looks bad. Hope it’s just because I don’t understand it and not because I’m barely alive. Ha
Karen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2021, 08:20 AM)kbingel Wrote: The good news is:  this morning I put in my SD card. Opened Oscar and it worked. I have NO idea how or why just thrilled that it did. Now to start learning how to analyse
This data. It’s overwhelming. For the looks of it, I might die on my sleep. No. Just kidding but seriously. It looks bad. Hope it’s just because I don’t understand it and not because I’m barely alive. Ha
Karen.

Glad to hear that it's working now.  There are some very experienced people on this forum that can help.  Start a new thread and post the data from OSCAR.  Also, what's import is how you feel.  Sometimes the data says one thing but how rested you feel is another. They can explain it better than me and make suggestions if there is something you could do to improve.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tim
I just did that. So far it looks like I may have to wear a Neck cushion for positional speed issues.

The whole reason I’ve been so focused on this is because, I’ve been so,so, so tired lately. Actually for a couple of years. We’ve looked at a lot of things and this is kinda the last one on the list. Got a few more tests coming up, and trying to get better at sleep is my next step. Thanks for your help in all this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User - Sleepyhead Software [deleting a user profile] macleadv 1 1,969 12-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.